Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-08-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Astria is on her way...

So in Arahoms last FB update he said that Astria is coming up... I asked about what we can expect to see out of this as she has been billed as something different from the normal ARH girl...

Here was the reply: It's a great question! ASTRIA is not our typical character, and before we make a statue of her in her "gear" we can't make a statue of her "nude" or there would be no way to connect her to the actual character from the story, so here is your answer: I will make two ASTRIA statues, one in 1/4th scale in her full battle gear as we see in the comics, and then later on a 1/3rd scale statue following the line we have started with ARKHALLA and ARHIAN. This second statue, you can be sure you will see her nude! Now, one hint.... ASTRIA has small breasts. Very small, firm and pointy breasts! Can't wait to sculpt them!!!! LOL

I'm very eager to see these! I said to myself that I wasn't really going to buy into this line if it was a full clothed/armored character but now I'm not so sure. I know I'll be wanting the 1/3 scale version so the question is... Am I going to be happy without the full collection!

I'm curious to see how people will take to Astria. Since people don't talk a lot about the comics here, it's hard to say how popular that comic character is.

The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:06 PM   #2
alkali lake
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Very small firm pointy breasts.... I hate it already. Why have the physique of a 14 year old on a female character? I think Arahom has a small boob fetish. What you'll end up with (if the sculpture looks anything like that picture) is a very nice face with flowing long hair, heavy gear/armor and a gun.
alkali lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:21 PM   #3
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The "gear" is not very flattering.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:40 AM   #4
A R E S
The Spirit

It is a bit of a double edged sword. I like the art direction Arahom is choosing with his ladies at the moment, but it is sad, that it automatically alienate fans who would want the girls to have more boobage.

But for me personally Arahom is on a roll at the moment and Astrias comic line is really awesome to read, so i am looking forward to the two Astria statues. Especially since the 1:3 line is really a standout at the moment.
A R E S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 05:36 AM   #5
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Just a note: that is just a pic I used so people who didn't know who Astria was could see her. That's not a concept drawing for the sculpt.

I think Alk and Wmbat makes a very good point about a pretty face set on a heavily geared up body. That's the main reason I had in my head that I wasn't going to get the Astria line. At this point, two comics into the series there is no changing her body type!

Though I'm not saying that her body type should be changed. He story is sort of a sad tale of loss that's haunting her and changing her whole world. Not your typical ARH girl... Trouble is, I really like your typical ARH girl!

Arhahom has a real challenge with this 1:4 piece. But like ARES said, the man is on a roll and I can't wait to see what comes off his computer.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:46 AM   #6
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I'd like to see the 1/3 come out first....just saying....
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:06 PM   #7
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I wonder if this has been scrapped for good.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:20 PM   #8
stone eagle
Justice League

I imagine it would be a hard compromise to make....put her in a slinky form fitting outfit and the obvious comparisons would be against a Black Widow statue and if more realistic sniper/swat geared up person then there would be lots of critiquing over the gear and weapon sculpting and selection.
I would like to see their attempt though.
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:53 PM   #9
stone eagle
Justice League

I see ARH has drawn her in several forms over time.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ARHComixCover1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	382.8 KB
ID:	117510   Click image for larger version

Name:	ASTRIA-POSTER.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	117511   Click image for larger version

Name:	ASTRIA-POSTER-3s.jpg
Views:	20