Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 02-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #41
Spartacus
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

great thread guys!

Very positive!
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:35 AM   #42
Evlerni
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

So I have had the chance to use the new Citidel "washes". They absolutely suck in comparison to the old inks. Not really sure what they were thinking when they decided to make that change, but it is not for the better.
Evlerni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 02:39 AM   #43
Camo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hey guys,
Was just curious if it's fine to use Tamiya Spray Cans (the ones designed for plastic model kits) on statues made from Super Sculpey.
Also, how well will Humbrol enamel paints work with super sculpey statues (thinning and brushing)?
Camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #44
skorpsta
Ghost

on resin statues/kits i use americana and delta creative cereamacote...thinned with water and air brush thinner. on canvas, clothing, leather, and other surfaces i was told that createx is very good...i havent used the createx yet. what i love about painting statues/kits with the americanas and delta creative ceramcote they dry to a nice flat matte finished and when sealed with testors dull coat they look even better. also, i have the tubed liqutex acrylic paints ...i do not use them on statues/kits because they dry to a satin finish, and the dull coat does not matte/dual it down i only use these when iam painting canvas.
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #45
skorpsta
Ghost

by the way...the americanas and delta ccreative ceramacote...go for like 1.29 a bottle, you can also catch them on sale at micheals hbby art store, i have about 150 colors of these brands..last week the americanas 2 oz bottles were .67 thats a great deal!!...and like 3 weeks ago the deltas were .87 so i got alot...anyway its all what you like.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #46
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Do you have to use an airbrush? I mean are there any of you that don't?
for the past couple of months i have been using chalk pastels to shadow my repaints and kits..you can almost get the same effect of an air brush. well as of today i got my new aztek double action air brush with 6 interchangeable tips, and a new iwata studio smart jet compressor...so time to get busy and painting...i have to say the model mania dvds from david fisher are great!!...also all the advice from my great friends mike and joe..thanks!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #47
fflamingmoe
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I know this is late but there is no way that i could use an air brush on this.
The detail would have been lost if i airbrushed it.
5 shades,3 skin tones,and 3 highlights.
Then about 4 layers of watered down blacks and browns.
A lot of blending.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk3ZQUGkFT4
No inks used.
No Silver used.
fflamingmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 01:52 AM   #48
skorpsta
Ghost

well..think im got get some vallejo acrylic paints..from seeing the prices on ebay and some web sites they go for about 2.25 a bottle.. i use americana, delta ceramacote, and folk art hobby paints and thinned with airbrush thinner and water they airbrush well to me these also have a matte finish on them..which i love. but im noticing that for some details when im hand brushing i was told that the vallejos leave less brush strokes and also dry to a matte finish and also thinned with air brush thinner also can airbrush...as painters im sure all of us have tons of brands in are paints.lol..i have about 170 colors or more from several acrylic paint colors...iknowvallejo sells air brush paints..but just want to makesure the model colorseries thinned with air brush thinner and water is okay to air brush...im sure it is but need some advice..the down fall is the bottles are very small.
Old 12-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #49
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse321 View Post
Vallejo Game Colors.

Danno recommended them earlier, but rather than buying a few at a time, I opted to get a whole set which was on on ebay ... now as I use them I'll just replace what I use.
i know this is a old thread but i just order about 30 colors of the vallejo model color paints..got a good deal..at like 2.05 a bottle..by seeing bran paint with them alot with his great work i love how opaque and flatt the colors look...the down fall is there bottles are small...got the basic colors greys and earth tones..but overall i still paint with delta ceramacote and americana and some folk art paints
Old 12-23-2010, 01:26 AM   #50
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickwinzs View Post
the Model color is more towards tanks ships and such, The game colors are the more colorful.
i got the vallejo model colors..went with them i got a great deal so i jumped on it..i got about 100 colors for 200.00 shipped...didnt realize the game colors were more colorful...the only thing i notice is with the model colors there is only like 5 purples..as of the yellows blues greens browns pinks greys tans and oranges there alot