Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 09-03-2016, 12:33 AM   #1
built2shred
Phoenix

Looking for Advice on framing

I have these Artgerm prints and I want to frame them similar to the way SS frames their art prints, which I believe are floating frames?

It says the size is 15x20 but when I measure I get 16 1/2" x 21 5/8" (which includes the white area of the paper) So what size frame should I get?

Anyone have any links of companies that can provide those type of frames for this size of picture..

Thanks...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #2
Luminous
Cyclops

Are these printed by someone other than Artgerm? Cuz his prints are roughly 11 3/4 x 16 1/2. I have a few of those and I've been using some inexpensive 16 x 20 frames and simply cut the mats to 2 inch borders on the top and bottom and have the sides at 2 1/2.

So you could try something similar by choosing a big enough frame to fit the bigger print and decide before purchasing what you would like your mat border widths to be at. I got my frames from a local art store so I'm not sure where you could shop online.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:41 AM   #3
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Are these printed by someone other than Artgerm? Cuz his prints are roughly 11 3/4 x 16 1/2. I have a few of those and I've been using some inexpensive 16 x 20 frames and simply cut the mats to 2 inch borders on the top and bottom and have the sides at 2 1/2.

So you could try something similar by choosing a big enough frame to fit the bigger print and decide before purchasing what you would like your mat border widths to be at. I got my frames from a local art store so I'm not sure where you could shop online.
These are directly from Artgerm and hand signed, says Artist Proof on them.. I bought them through Simple Toys in Singapore... They were not cheap...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:25 AM   #4
House
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Michaels is really good on custom frames if you want it done right, they preview it with a display camera so you can see what it will look like. Can pick out what frame you want, frame mats etc. can run anywhere from 80-215$ish. They have UV anti glare glass etc. Not sure if they have floating frames, will find out Saturday. Im about to have a Vanderstelt darth talon giclee print framed by them when i receive it tomorrow
House is offline   Reply With Quote