Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 09-23-2018, 06:31 PM   #91
Drakull
Sailor Moon

I said at the very begining, SS can't refund because PCS has no money, they live with the news orders cash, and now new orders are bad sales. Plus they transfer the sales to SS, means "no more transfer" what happens ? everyone cancel !

no cash+ mass cancellation = we are all ----ed
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:11 PM   #92
joerock
U talkin' to me?

I canceled the 1/3 Evil Ryu last year. It’s about 450ish for the refund. So when sideshow took over, I got a invoice from them. Again I cancelled it. Hearing the horror stories about a refund, I instead asked if I could use the funds to an existing order. Which they said yes, never heard anything ever since. I’d imagine the Berserk statue I have on flex will be paid off before I even hear anything again about that refund/credit.
joerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:55 AM   #93
Spazzy
Hercules

I got shadaloo cammy paid off and 1/3 chun...1/2 paid off, although I don't love hearing this news, I will give them a chance still, delays happen, every piece I got from them has been really great but took a very long time to get..but I still got them. I am sure everyone spreading fear and the end is near is not helping them move any faster to getting pieces out. But pieces still have been delivered recently, I still got hope......or we all learn a valuable lesson in the long run if it goes south.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #94
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakull View Post
I said at the very begining, SS can't refund because PCS has no money, they live with the news orders cash, and now new orders are bad sales. Plus they transfer the sales to SS, means "no more transfer" what happens ? everyone cancel !

no cash+ mass cancellation = we are all ----ed
'mass cancellation' - can you put a figure on this?
Many PCS lines have sold out, waitlists put in place.

Behind the scenes, my guess is, refunds are paid once a new buyers have been found.

As for collectors that cancel, and continue to bang on about it - why did they order in the first place?

Its great that Sideshow are helping out PCS with CS. I don't blame Sideshow for not covering debt.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 12:20 PM   #95
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Behind the scenes, my guess is, refunds are paid once a new buyers have been found.

As for collectors that cancel, and continue to bang on about it - why did they order in the first place?

For the same reasons everyone orders in the first place.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:54 PM   #96
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:

Its great that Sideshow are helping out PCS with CS. I don't blame Sideshow for not covering debt.
I'll bite with brutal honesty: The aftermarket is pathetic for their statues right now, I'd rather get a refund for the full amount since some are going for half or a third right now. It's part of the market now but mostly PCS's past tactics(selling out in minutes but having loads suddenly available when released , really long delays, etc.). I agree it's great SS is helping but we'll see how it goes.

Great sculpts, reasonable ES's and simplify the options(don't have 3-4 versions of every statue, one reg one exclusive) with SS's distribution/CS and they might have a chance to build their reputation back.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #97
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I'll bite with brutal honesty: The aftermarket is pathetic for their statues right now, I'd rather get a refund for the full amount since some are going for half or a third right now. It's part of the market now but mostly PCS's past tactics(selling out in minutes but having loads suddenly available when released , really long delays, etc.). I agree it's great SS is helping but we'll see how it goes.

Great sculpts, reasonable ES's and simplify the options(don't have 3-4 versions of every statue, one reg one exclusive) with SS's distribution/CS and they might have a chance to build their reputation back.
Those that buy to collect don't mind waiting, not too long though. With PCS, most collectors know they are in for a longer wait time compared to the likes of Sideshow. Usually about an extra year. The new owners are doing all they can to ship old orders and make new orders ship faster (within a year).

Aftermarket prices shouldn't be an issue for collectors who plan on keeping their pieces. I can understand flippers getting the ache. Pieces from other companies have also been known to drop, Gentle Giant have had some 1/4 pieces crash in price, even XM have had some pieces fall in price (not many though). Each time Prime 1 has a sale on, their original Harley 1/3 is on offer at a massive discount, and that's for the EX. On the plus side, some pieces by the same companies have rocketed in price.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:35 PM   #98
supermetroid
Teen Titans

^True, I've never even sold a piece but I think PCS caused a lot of their own crash even besides the fake "SOLD OUT" games they played.

Take the statue market, there's a certain amount of people that will buy, most think "why would you pay hundreds for something to sit on a shelf", non collectors. Then out of those collectors there's SF collectors, an even smaller market. I just think they got too greedy, do we need a 1/6 line, two 1/4 lines and a 1/3 all with 2-4 versions of each character in each line? Just my opinion, but me for example I bought into the 1/4 line but then I'm thinking Ok these 1/3 versions are the ones for me and I don't need multiple Ryus and Akumas in my collection. I think that's a big part of it and why there's so many cancellations, you might love something when you order it until something comes up that's even better.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:06 PM   #99
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Those that buy to collect don't mind waiting, not too long though. With PCS, most collectors know they are in for a longer wait time compared to the likes of Sideshow. Usually about an extra year. The new owners are doing all they can to ship old orders and make new orders ship faster (within a year).

Aftermarket prices shouldn't be an issue for collectors who plan on keeping their pieces. I can understand flippers getting the ache. Pieces from other companies have also been known to drop, Gentle Giant have had some 1/4 pieces crash in price, even XM have had some pieces fall in price (not many though). Each time Prime 1 has a sale on, their original Harley 1/3 is on offer at a massive discount, and that's for the EX. On the plus side, some pieces by the same companies have rocketed in price.

Most people are especially here are in this to either keep their pieces and keep collecting.
It can't go on forever though without selling. Come back in 5 or 7 years and see what statues people have kept. The best laid plans of mice and men...

There's also just the concept of sustained financial value. Potential for sustainable value is a huge motivator in hobbies like these. Regardless of past value or even cost to manufacturer no one wants to pay $2,000 for some statues where the perceived value has plummeted to half that.

This comes up every time customers here want refunds or cancel, someone blames customers own actions of buying too much or speculating.
It comes back to PCS because PCS hasn't completed the sale. Delivering before people figure out they don't want to spend so much or lose interest is on PCS. There are tons of PCS statues that haven't even entered production. If there aren't enough customers then why not cancel the statue and refund orders? That's the purpose of an NRD for those that want to cancel.
People equate this to be equivalent to ordering a statue, getting it then deciding to return it for a forced full refund; the poor poor company how could anyone do business in such a way? But that isn't what has been going on. PCS initiates the business transaction and so the impetus is on PCS as the business.

You rhetorically asked "why did they order in the first place? "
Here are some alternatives:

Why sell (so much, especially) when uncertain collectors will keep the orders?
Why not wait before making more Pre-Orders until transactions have completed?

Why are customers implicitly expected to wait so long for so so many orders?
If customers should be willing to potentially wait an extra year or more why not include that in the ETA?
PCS wouldn't want to omit something that could potentially cause a customer to not place an order would it?
Why is it ok for a statue to be potentially late instead of potentially early?
Would an ETA of usual delivery times affect sales?

Now there's some fine Macaluso questions.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:00 AM   #100
addic
The X-Men

Quote:
Aftermarket prices shouldn't be an issue for collectors who plan on keeping their pieces.
Of course they are an issue even for collectors who plan on keeping their pieces. Why should any of those collectors place a preorder knowing that the price of the piece will be only half right after release? That's insane.

That's the death of a company like PCS - people not preordering anymore. And it's exactly what is happening right now.
addic is offline   Reply With Quote