Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-07-2017, 11:18 AM   #241
Steve evans
The Spirit

I have to say I think Chronicles Breakout Rex is far more accurate. I love my CC breakout...i wish it was bigger, i wish the paint job on the head was a little better but I wouldn't trade it for this.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:25 AM   #242
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
I have to say I think Chronicles Breakout Rex is far more accurate. I love my CC breakout...i wish it was bigger, i wish the paint job on the head was a little better but I wouldn't trade it for this.
i have a friend who ordered the CC one and they opened 5 pieces at the store to get just one without default..
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:30 AM   #243
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_be View Post
i have a friend who ordered the CC one and they opened 5 pieces at the store to get just one without default..
Your friend was unfortunate. Mine arrived without default as did the ones my friends ordered. All three of us are very happy with them.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #244
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
Your friend was unfortunate. Mine arrived without default as did the ones my frinds ordered. All three of us are very happy with them.
Neither Rex hit all the marks for me, but the terrible paint app on the Rex from CC really distracts from the piece. The 1:5 scale Rex from Chronicle looks increbile but it's out of my price range
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:05 PM   #245
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

I think the Rex looks a bit more like the JW Rex in that it looks thinner. If they are tweak it a bit to bulk it up it will be perfect.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 12:28 PM   #246
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

We'll just have to wait and see
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 03:12 PM   #247
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
Just sent an email to their CEO directly about that. Not sure will get a response or not but we did talked about dinos stuff before. Keep our fingers crossed.
Good, hopefully they will hire you for the Rexy art direction.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:00 PM   #248
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruson View Post
Good, hopefully they will hire you for the Rexy art direction.
I don't know anything. They literally have everything(resource, talent, references) they needed.
They just need to really study all the references from Stan Winston and Stan Winston only, HARD. And focus on key shapes and proportion of it. And the mouth of the rex can never be opened that wide, it's a cool look, no doubt, but when you push too much, it throws things off.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:43 PM   #249
Spazzy
Hercules

Really wanted to like this...secretly hoping i wouldnt as pics were sneaked looked more and more costly...but after seeing it in full i see what they were trying to do...but just doesnt hit the marks for me to put what would probably be a large amount of $.

Rex looks very off even paint doesnt look right...might be lighting but she looks old...wrinkles and coloring...like thx said the mouth wouldnt open that wide....the cars while detailed give off a toyish look...allen and ian look good...but low details because of the size...would buy a ian and allen 1/4 in a heartbeat (granted it is well done).. the plants arent helping...looks like they went to a local hobby/craft shop and just picked what was closest they could...unfortunately it looks like the plants my mom had in the house when i was a kid.
And of course to keep the shipping down and the seperate pieces to buyers that only want this and that one...but the seams are eyesores.... i typically work on every piece i get..but with sculpting details to add or remove and major repaints...for the cost of this it is a pass for me...but it is a very ambitious piece..and hopefully they can make and sell enough to continue..as this may be a short line for them.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #250
Jurassic
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
the cars while detailed give off a toyish look...allen and ian look good...but low details because of the size...would buy a ian and allen 1/4 in a heartbeat (granted it is well done).. the plants arent helping...looks like they went to a local hobby/craft shop and just picked what was closest they could...unfortunately it looks like the plants my mom had in the house when i was a kid.
What a hate speech... :-p tell me how should the cars be different? Imo they look great.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote