Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #121
Vracula
Jedi Order

I think they did well with Brolin he was quite intimidating, they should have pulled off the Trick Nolan pulled off with Hardy as Bane, they were a little lazy in that department
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:48 PM   #122
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
That's too bad, considering that they could make a very convincing talking raccoon, awesome hulk, juggernaut and colossus. I was hoping that the appearance of cable in the movie is more like the one in comic book. Disney should spend more money for the movie especially how popular deadpool is right now.
Wow.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 11:40 PM   #123
spriggan
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Sarri View Post
Do you realize that Disney does not produce Deadpool or any related X-men film, right?
You right, my mistake. 20th Century Fox made the movie but still, they can spend more money to make it better or closer to the comic appearance.
spriggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #124
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Poor Brolin. It's hard to be a giant when you're not CGIed like Thanos.

And Brolin is a better actor than Lundgren who I can't take seriously AT ALL. I'd rather have a shorter actor that I enjoy than a tall, meaty "actor" to make a role more comic accurate.
Problem is that even with him being shorter, Brolin's acting was subpar and a poor-man's Terminator. You could blame it on the mediocre lines written by the scriptwriter.

Either way, he was there to play the straight man and a force to be reckoned with.

With those traits, you could've cast anyone with a taller physique to fill in those shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I think they did well with Brolin he was quite intimidating, they should have pulled off the Trick Nolan pulled off with Hardy as Bane, they were a little lazy in that department
He wasn't nearly intimidating enough; I like the comparison to Bane...now THERE was a villain worth his weight.
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:09 PM   #125
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spriggan View Post
That's too bad, considering that they could make a very convincing talking raccoon, awesome hulk, juggernaut and colossus. I was hoping that the appearance of cable in the movie is more like the one in comic book. Disney should spend more money for the movie especially how popular deadpool is right now.
Hahahahahaha
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:30 PM   #126
Augen
Metal Men

I enjoyed it and loved Cable in particular. Some of the jokes didn't land, but given the volume plenty of laughs and some fun action. One of the better comedy sequels I've seen in a while.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #127
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

saw this movie over the weekend

I thought it was really good

Spoiler
but wtf did they do to the juggernaut? that was disgraceful, as bad or worse than X3
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:38 PM   #128
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Bigger budget, more vulgar, more fan service. Unfortunately none of that guarantees a better film. Definitely prefer the first.
I felt the same and gave it a barely-passing grade.

Domino was the best thing in the movie which is a relief after many were concerned when the actress in costume was first revealed. I also liked Cable and the post-credit scenes.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 04:49 PM   #129
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I felt the same and gave it a barely-passing grade.

Domino was the best thing in the movie which is a relief after many were concerned when the actress in costume was first revealed. I also liked Cable and the post-credit scenes.
Domino and Fire Fist were low points to me. She was boring and the kid was annoying.

It has issues on second viewing, but I like Reynolds enthusiasm so much as Deadpool it overcomes it for me.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:25 PM   #130
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanky Panky View Post
Problem is that even with him being shorter, Brolin's acting was subpar and a poor-man's Terminator. You could blame it on the mediocre lines written by the scriptwriter.

Either way, he was there to play the straight man and a force to be reckoned with.

With those traits, you could've cast anyone with a taller physique to fill in those shoes.

He wasn't nearly intimidating enough; I like the comparison to Bane...now THERE was a villain worth his weight.
True the lines were not the best. I think he has the chops just needed to be done better.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote