Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #21
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
I do custom work if you can't find anyone! https://brittonsconcoctions.deviantart.com/gallery/
Doh! Sorry I didn't mention you! Did you paint my Zeus (#1) in house? If so I guess I have something painted by you too!
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #22
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Doh! Sorry I didn't mention you! Did you paint my Zeus (#1) in house? If so I guess I have something painted by you too!
I pretty much did all the base, highlights and shadows for 95% of the Zeus statues and Arhian busts that have been sold so I am pretty sure I did
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:06 PM   #23
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
I pretty much did all the base, highlights and shadows for 95% of the Zeus statues and Arhian busts that have been sold so I am pretty sure I did
Then Arkalogik can be added to my list as well, the paint app on Zeus is very good with nice detailing, stuff that is not readily apparent like the sandlals and leather attachments is the kind of attention to detail that I really like.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #24
Arkalogik
The Spirit

Quote:
Then Arkalogik can be added to my list as well, the paint app on Zeus is very good with nice detailing, stuff that is not readily apparent like the sandlals and leather attachments is the kind of attention to detail that I really like.
Thanks man, I appreciate the feedback. My real name is Dave Britton and I used to work as a makeup artist and sculptor/mask maker and then got into making kits in the mid 90's. I had my own company called Headhunters Studio in the early 2000's creating full size alien trophy head creatures. I did all the sculpting, molding, casting and painting myself.

I was going to all the conventions like Wonderfest and selling my stuff and was featured in AFM and other magazines. It was going really well but then I had a house fire that destroyed my entire studio along with all my molds and over 20 years worth of work.

I sorta got out of the biz for a while and did some junk art robots and rayguns and a few other business ventures over the years. I do a lot of work for ARH Studios but I also work for many other companies and clients. I just finished up couple paint ups and repairs last week and I have a 1/4 scale Wolverine on it's way to build and paint.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #25
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I also forgot Al Degregorio. He painted a piece for me too and I was very impressed with it. Man I really do have a lot of stuff with pro paint ups
Old 05-07-2018, 09:48 AM   #26
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

If the Caleb XM Viking gets produced I may be interested in selling this ARH Saul Painted Viking as I don't really have room for two so if anybody loves this one and may be interested just shoot me a pm.

Right now it is iffy if Caleb's will even be produced as Thor and needs 500 orders to get a Viking so we'll see but I just wanted to make you guys aware.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:25 PM   #27
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
If the Caleb XM Viking gets produced I may be interested in selling this ARH Saul Painted Viking as I don't really have room for two so if anybody loves this one and may be interested just shoot me a pm.

Right now it is iffy if Caleb's will even be produced as Thor and needs 500 orders to get a Viking so we'll see but I just wanted to make you guys aware.
There is no way they hit 300 pre-orders for the basic version.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:36 PM   #28
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
There is no way they hit 300 pre-orders for the basic version.
You don't think so? It is really cool and in my mind not basic at all. I would prefer all the bells and whistles but even without 300 seems like a reachable goal to me. We'll see I guess.
Old 05-07-2018, 05:47 PM   #29
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Calebs Thor is awesome looking, regal and godlike, ARH is ugly and brutal looking which is its charm to me, I would keep Sauls Viking paintup.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 05:57 PM   #30
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Calebs Thor is awesome looking, regal and godlike, ARH is ugly and brutal looking which is its charm to me, I would keep Sauls Viking paintup.
Don't get me wrong, I love Saul's paint up. Love it love it love it. My problem is space. Frazetta Fighting man of Mars and Fat with Cats (Cat Girl) are must haves and i only have my office available to me for display. I don't think I have room for 2 Vikings or 2 Thors, different as they are. If we only reach Thor numbers I may sell ARH Thor or in alternative if Caleb Thor comes with sword display him that way so still only one Thor Hammer and get rid of something else but man space is becoming a serious issue for me. And I for sure need room for Hades if he is made.....