Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-21-2018, 12:45 AM   #111
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
I believe we have fairly thick skin, but in the same regard we are a small group of artists trying to deliver amazing work to all of you. We agree, we should have notified everyone of the design change, I think we overlooked it because it was a last minute add-on and I don't think we see it as "part of the statue". That's our fault for sure.

We will definitely take note of this and apply it to our statue releases in the future.

We do not mean to sound hostile at all, we are just passionate about our work. We thank you all for even caring enough to comment in the first place.

Rest assured that moving forward this won't happen again.

Thank you all and good night
Appreciate you. Collectors can sound hostile just because we our passionate about our work too and therefore our money that we are sacrificing. Be sure to realize that no artistic talents are being questioned here.

And If you really believe in your product I'll give you a challenge that nearly no one does but will absolutely put you in a league of your own:
Photograph the prototype with the production pieces.
Even in the studio lights if they are yours.

That's the Tide challenge right there.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:28 AM   #112
SAB380
The X-Men

Talked enough about the clothes now and L52 have been good enough to respond. To the statue itself, I think this shot highlights it came out great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:38 PM   #113
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I am really liking the way this turned out. I never planned to use the clothes anyway so made no difference to me but I am with Level52 on this one. They pretty much just threw them in as an afterthought as a gift to those collectors who for whatever reason can't or don't want to display nudity but still want the statue.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 02:26 PM   #114
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I am really liking the way this turned out. I never planned to use the clothes anyway so made no difference to me but I am with Level52 on this one. They pretty much just threw them in as an afterthought as a gift to those collectors who for whatever reason can't or don't want to display nudity but still want the statue.
My problem with everyone saying this is that for me the one making the purchase the clothes was not an “afterthought”. I purchased the statue based on what I saw in their promotional video. Whether the clothing was adding day 1 or day 300 does not matter to me because it was there the day I preordered and nowhere does it say “afterthought” display. I planned on displaying this statue in both manners. I especially liked the clothing because while “modest” it was still sexy enough to show the characters curves.

What I see now is very different from what was shown. Any company would be getting ---- for an undisclosed change as this one. The bottoms are oversized and the top looks weird and does not fit ascetically. It is no longer sexy in my eyes.

I am not questing their integrity and definitely not questioning their commitment or love for this or any of their projects. I understand their explanation for why it had to be done but this is something that should have been figured out before preorders went up.

Sideshow recently had something similar with their Psylocke statue. The portrait had a major change to it before preorder and they got tons of ---- for that. This all happened BEFORE preorders began! That’s what “pending approval” means. We can only speculate that a change to the portrait was made because of the licensor. This is not the same as that. This should have been figured out and clear before preorders and to say we weren’t told because every statue is “pending approval” is not a company I want to give my money to.

I have reached out to them for a refund because in my case I now have only 1 option for display instead of two. I do however wish them luck with the line and hope to see a lot more from the company going forward! I think the new Swordsman of mars looks fantastic but imagine the material of the cape was switch to fabric and we just learn about this weeks before shipments began for the same reason “display issues”. Everyone would freak out and while possibly warranted I’m sure many would choose to cancel or want them to figure it out.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:08 PM   #115
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
My problem with everyone saying this is that for me the one making the purchase the clothes was not an “afterthought”. I purchased the statue based on what I saw in their promotional video. Whether the clothing was adding day 1 or day 300 does not matter to me because it was there the day I preordered and nowhere does it say “afterthought” display. I planned on displaying this statue in both manners. I especially liked the clothing because while “modest” it was still sexy enough to show the characters curves.

What I see now is very different from what was shown. Any company would be getting ---- for an undisclosed change as this one. The bottoms are oversized and the top looks weird and does not fit ascetically. It is no longer sexy in my eyes.

I am not questing their integrity and definitely not questioning their commitment or love for this or any of their projects. I understand their explanation for why it had to be done but this is something that should have been figured out before preorders went up.

Sideshow recently had something similar with their Psylocke statue. The portrait had a major change to it before preorder and they got tons of ---- for that. This all happened BEFORE preorders began! That’s what “pending approval” means. We can only speculate that a change to the portrait was made because of the licensor. This is not the same as that. This should have been figured out and clear before preorders and to say we weren’t told because every statue is “pending approval” is not a company I want to give my money to.

I have reached out to them for a refund because in my case I now have only 1 option for display instead of two. I do however wish them luck with the line and hope to see a lot more from the company going forward! I think the new Swordsman of mars looks fantastic but imagine the material of the cape was switch to fabric and we just learn about this weeks before shipments began for the same reason “display issues”. Everyone would freak out and while possibly warranted I’m sure many would choose to cancel or want them to figure it out.
Sorry that you had to cancel, since its a great looking piece IMO, but I believe it was an afterthought since according the Level52 you were not charged for this. Perhaps the mistake was them telling us about the clothing. Maybe if they would have just included without mentioning it, this whole thread for the clothing would had a different spin to it and perhaps no one would have said anything negative about it.

Plus there is always the option of designing your own covering for her if that's the only issue you have with the statue.
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:28 PM   #116
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post

Sorry but we disagree, there are quite a lot of things that can only be found out once the factory gets their hands on the piece. We liked our first design for the clothing as well. But when the factory came back and said it just wasn't working that is when it was changed, well into production. And no where did we say you weren't told because its "Pending Approval", We said the items are subject to change, that the prototype may not be the exact final representation. Every company has this policy because a prototype and a production piece are often very different in material, paint app, etc.

Please if any of you need to contact us email us admin@level52studios and include your name and order number so we can best help you.
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:35 PM   #117
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Also digging through our old posts we realized we absolutely did share this quite awhile ago on our facebook, in facts months ago!

Again I am going to stress this to all of you here, we use facebook and instagram. We DO NOT FREQUENT statue forums, and that practice is likely not going to change.
If you want updates and to follow along come to our facebook page and group and follow us on instagram and twitter
https://www.facebook.com/level52studios/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1846878808887270/
Twitter @level52studios
Instagram @level52_studios

Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #118
IXEC
Hellboy

I don't do Facebook myself and Maybe others don't as well....
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 01:12 AM   #119
dao2
Cyclops

I'm gonna side with them, even with the miscommunication that pic still looks way better then production. Sucks, should let people who want to do refunds but if they wanted to do naked looks great.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:24 AM   #120
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
Also digging through our old posts we realized we absolutely did share this quite awhile ago on our facebook, in facts months ago!

Again I am going to stress this to all of you here, we use facebook and instagram. We DO NOT FREQUENT statue forums, and that practice is likely not going to change.
If you want updates and to follow along come to our facebook page and group and follow us on instagram and twitter
https://www.facebook.com/level52studios/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1846878808887270/
Twitter @level52studios
Instagram @level52_studios

Did you email all your customers or send a mass email based on some list?
Keeping up with Social Media is well crap.

This is why companies use retailers and distributors.
It's seems a good statue so far but these are the pitfalls of being so close to customers especially accustomed to mass consumption as consumers.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote