Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-21-2018, 12:40 PM   #1641
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I wouldn't put much stock in regards to the legitimacy of the ranking. Killer Croc is also on the list....
Last week the order was different with SM & WW in front of Batman, I check every so often just to see...
There's no reason to think it's not legit, not hard for the list to update once orders are placed.

Forum opinions don't always equal actual sales, I should have mine by Friday.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:13 PM   #1642
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

The cape on this looks a tad like a Hefty bag from some of the angles in that video. Maybe it's the flash they used.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #1643
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Aside from the cape I actually like it quite a bit.
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:09 PM   #1644
nearmint
Phoenix

Love the base and the portrait. Not crazy about everything else.

That store in Mexico City looks awesome.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:11 AM   #1645
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
Last week the order was different with SM & WW in front of Batman, I check every so often just to see...
There's no reason to think it's not legit, not hard for the list to update once orders are placed.

Forum opinions don't always equal actual sales, I should have mine by Friday.
That's hardly proof that the "best seller" list is accurate. In my mind there is plenty of reasons to doubt the validity of the list. Take the "fake waitlist" for example. It gets collectors to jump on the list and a lot of times the order gets converted right away.

That's what marketing is about...finding ways to get customers to spend their hard earned cash. A "best selling" list is just one of those tactics.

I take one look at the edition size and I know that this Batman isn't selling as well as it should of. Batman is by far the most popular DC character (arguably most popular comic character), yet Wonder Woman has a higher ES and Superman has the same ES. This wasn't the case for the largely well received first Batman PF.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:44 AM   #1646
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
That's hardly proof that the "best seller" list is accurate. In my mind there is plenty of reasons to doubt the validity of the list. Take the "fake waitlist" for example. It gets collectors to jump on the list and a lot of times the order gets converted right away.

That's what marketing is about...finding ways to get customers to spend their hard earned cash. A "best selling" list is just one of those tactics.

I take one look at the edition size and I know that this Batman isn't selling as well as it should of. Batman is by far the most popular DC character (arguably most popular comic character), yet Wonder Woman has a higher ES and Superman has the same ES. This wasn't the case for the largely well received first Batman PF.
I completely agree. People use this "bestseller" list as some kind of gospel on how a piece is doing, but looking even right this moment Mystique is listed as the no. 6 best selling PF and she has an EX of only 600, is still not waitlisted yet and has been available since June. She's even listed higher on the list than the likes of Red Sonja, Green Arrow, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:12 AM   #1647
Drakonnen
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I feel like this one just doesn't hold a candle to the last Batman PF, especially with all the great custom parts out there for it.
Drakonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:59 AM   #1648
Kurtz
Fantastic Four

People were so hungry for Batman when the first pf came out, that's why there are almost 10k of them (with the same comments on size on that and the modern variant), which can now be had at less than retail on ebay. There have been many more since then with more on the way. That ed size will never be the same so using that as a comparison I'm my eyes is invalid. 'Todays" ed numbers are a lot more realistic at today's prices.

Sideshow isn't the only company in all the years I've bought polystone from that has had something go to sold out, only to be reopened once more stock became available. We can all look at the info available and make opinions/assumptions, doesn't make anyone right unless you work for SSC and KNOW.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:45 PM   #1649
Sandy32
Fantastic Four

I like the the looks of this Batman a lot more than I thought I would. In fact, I really like it but really don't want to spend that much money.

Congrats to those getting this one.
Sandy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:59 PM   #1650
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The cape on this looks a tad like a Hefty bag from some of the angles in that video. Maybe it's the flash they used.
That must be the Bionic Nanofiber Cloth reinforcement.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote