Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-21-2018, 10:15 PM   #1851
MK Ultra
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

This statue is pretty heavy and they all have that forward lean. Is it going to get worse over time? That's the question, can't say about mine never been displayed.
MK Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:31 PM   #1852
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurturer View Post
I agree, but the only three alternative I see are: 1) Sell it as defective 2) Put it back in the box, or 3) Fix it. And since I like the statue, and I have the skills, number 3) seems the best way. And you're right, buying from Side Show Toys is not a good idea anymore. I'd really like the Side Show crew to take a look at this thread so they can get a feel for the discontentment out here.
If you are new to Sideshow, you have some plausible deniability as far as knowledge of potential issues. Otherwise, most people have long known that this is the kind of inconsistent, substandard quality that Sideshow is known for.

If a company blatantly puts a piece of thigh armor in the wrong location, and then says it was done intentionally to accommodate cut and sew elements, everything beyond that point is suspect.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:16 PM   #1853
rubberneck
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
This statue is pretty heavy and they all have that forward lean. Is it going to get worse over time? That's the question, can't say about mine never been displayed.
My exclusive edition is leaning forward enuff to have me concerned it will eventually tip over. Helmeted head is itself pretty secure for now but I'm going to email SS with some pics soon. You can literally shift it back to level and it then falls forward when you release it. Using the top of head as a spatial point, it displaces over an inch from initial to final position.

Purchased earlier this year direct from SS and kept in a cool location on top of a detolf so surface level and temperature should not be a contributing factor.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:18 PM   #1854
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
If you are new to Sideshow, you have some plausible deniability as far as knowledge of potential issues. Otherwise, most people have long known that this is the kind of inconsistent, substandard quality that Sideshow is known for.

If a company blatantly puts a piece of thigh armor in the wrong location, and then says it was done intentionally to accommodate cut and sew elements, everything beyond that point is suspect.
The man speaks truth (as always).

I was one of the main "cheerleaders" against the foolish art direction choices on this piece - but am SO sorry for those of you who decided to give Sideshow a chance and have now been left concerned about what could happen at some point. I'm even MORE sorry for those who this has already happened to!

Much like the P2 maquette - total screw-up - but THIS one is even worse

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #1855
nurturer
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
My exclusive edition is leaning forward enuff to have me concerned it will eventually tip over. Helmeted head is itself pretty secure for now but I'm going to email SS with some pics soon. You can literally shift it back to level and it then falls forward when you release it. Using the top of head as a spatial point, it displaces over an inch from initial to final position.

Purchased earlier this year direct from SS and kept in a cool location on top of a detolf so surface level and temperature should not be a contributing factor.
The fact that it is so heavy, and could tip over makes it dangerous, plain and simple. I've purchased the magnets and a 1/8' x 8" steel rod that will be this guys right shinbone after all is said and done.

I'm curious about one thing . . . for those of you with no issues, where is the metal peg situated? In the middle of the sole of the right foot, or in the heel?
nurturer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 11:59 PM   #1856
nurturer
Frackin!

I positioned the statue upright, and the left foot still tends to rise slightly out the socket, and the right foot tends to shift slightly in its position. I'm going to have to bend this ----- backward even further. Thought I was ready to modify.
Old 10-24-2018, 12:01 AM   #1857
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Just got mine. Don't appear to have any issues. I really like this over P2. It's a fantastic statue. Very please with It. The EX is a must.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:07 PM   #1858
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurturer View Post
I positioned the statue upright, and the left foot still tends to rise slightly out the socket, and the right foot tends to shift slightly in its position. I'm going to have to bend this ----- backward even further. Thought I was ready to modify.
Hope it works out for you.

I have to applaud your patience and determination

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:41 PM   #1859
nurturer
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
Hope it works out for you.

I have to applaud your patience and determination

Thanks. As said above it is a nice display piece, albeit possibly inaccurate. But, once I've done the modifications it will stay put. I can't see it bending with a steel rod in its ankle, and a magnet in the left foot/socket.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:42 PM   #1860
nurturer
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Just got mine. Don't appear to have any issues. I really like this over P2. It's a fantastic statue. Very please with It. The EX is a must.
There are no issues out of the box. It took a few months of display for it to list forward.