Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-01-2017, 12:56 AM   #1
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Mondo Rocketeer & Betty Statue

Mondo Exclusive

Regular Edition

Soaring from the pages of Dave Stevens' classic comic, The Rocketeer launches into action with his girl Betty by his side! This statue features both characters in comic-faithful outfits and gear with a semi-translucent rocket exhaust base supporting them in the air.

Join these two on a high-flyin' adventure and get yours today!

Mondo Exclusive: This version comes with an interchangeable "Surprised Betty" head!

Mondo Exclusive Available from Thursday (11/30) at 12PM (CT) to Friday (12/8) at 12PM (CT).

Exclusive $205, Regular $200

Ships approx. 3rd Qtr of 2018.
Artists: Trevor Grove, Mara Ancheta, Simon Garcia, Eric Siebenaler, Paul Roman Martinez
Material: Polystone
Size: Approx. 13.5" in Height
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 02:24 AM   #2
built2shred
Phoenix

What scale are these?

Just saw the website, given it's 13.5" looks to be 1/6 or 1/7 scale, not a bad price...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:26 AM   #3
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

forgot to copy the size details over. With a limited preorder for the exclusive, I wonder what the EX edition size will end up at.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 04:02 PM   #4
AC_808
Hercules

Very nice!

Wouldn't mind getting this at all.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #5
sabin23
Birdman

Odered the EX - liked the "surprised" head better.

I just found out about this statue today - was surprised the EX was still up for preorder a week after it was put up.

IIRC, the EX Harley Quinn statue, Iron Giant and Alfred Hitchock figure sold out within the first day. I'm guessing the demand for Rocketeer merchandise is not quite as high as those properties.

Hopefully the wait is not as long as the Iron Giant - that was delayed quite a bit.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:40 PM   #6
MTT
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post

I just found out about this statue today - was surprised the EX was still up for preorder a week after it was put up.

IIRC, the EX Harley Quinn statue and Alfred Hitchock figure sold out within the first day. I'm guessing the demand for Rocketeer merchandise is not quite as high.
This was time limited exclusive and the preorder period is not yet ended.
MTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #7
nearmint
Phoenix

I posted this on the freaks boards, but I think I'll ask the same question here. Does anyone else thing this piece should be taller? It's 13.5 inches, but he's about 2 inches off the ground, making him 11.5 inches. If we're assuming this is 1/6 scale, that makes Rocketeer 5'9. I know that Mondo didn't declare a scale for Harley, so I guess they're doing the same for this piece, but it seems to be somewhere between 1/6 and 1/7.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:42 AM   #8
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post

IIRC, the EX Harley Quinn statue, Iron Giant and Alfred Hitchock figure sold out within the first day. I'm guessing the demand for Rocketeer merchandise is not quite as high as those properties.

Hopefully the wait is not as long as the Iron Giant - that was delayed quite a bit.
The Harley EX was also a timed PO, like MTT said, so it didn't have a set ES until after orders closed, although I don't think the numbers for either version have been released yet. The EX wasn't enough of an incentive for me to order Harley, but this alternate surprise Betty head sculpt is a perfect callback to arguably the most famous page in the comic (NSFW). That and Trevor Grove listed as sculptor made this a must for me.

I was hesistant on the scale (it would've been easy to just email Mondo CS, as they're very responsive from my experience) but decided I didn't care. The MSRP's a great value even at 1:7 (the DC Direct/Collectibles "couples" statues retail for around $250 comparatively and a single-character Tweeterhead piece is about the same or more.)This would more than likely displayed with my mixed scale movie/pin-up pieces than my more strict superhero stuff anyway.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:13 AM   #9
DrJ
Frackin!

Got an email from Sideshow regarding this piece today and am very tempted. Though this is the first I’ve heard of the exclusive version. Kinda cool that there is a time limit to put in for it, but I’ll admit to just simply liking the regular version better, myself. Plus, I’ve always been skeptical of interchangeable heads.
DrJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 02:24 AM   #10
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJ View Post
Got an email from Sideshow regarding this piece today and am very tempted. Though this is the first I’ve heard of the exclusive version. Kinda cool that there is a time limit to put in for it, but I’ll admit to just simply liking the regular version better, myself. Plus, I’ve always been skeptical of interchangeable heads.
The EX is still available until noon CST today on Mondo's site and shipping's only $20 (might be cheaper since you're closer to TX). I would get the EX at only $5 more or even the regular there unless you have SS reward points to use. If this is heavier than a Hot Toy, SS's shipping quote will likely be higher.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote