Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-24-2023, 09:42 PM   #51
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post

Do you know how many shooting stars I've wasted on this wish??? LOL
Almost as many as I have on a classic Perez Deathstroke.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 04:22 PM   #52
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Are you using it as the shortform of "animated", like a cartoon/less realistic style? Or do you believe these statues have Japanese "anime" features/designs?
By "anime", I refer to the Japanese animation style without referencing any specific facial features or body shapes of a particular Japanese animated character. It is the overall look and feel, the essence and the visual perception it projects. It is the Japanese sense of "Kawaii" and cheerfulness which are the dominant stylistic elements in most anime.

It is safe to say that Japanese animation and cinema have a substantial influence on American animation and cimema, and it shows. Take Harley's mallet, for example, it is quite a mundane object in numerous Japanese animations before it has finally made its way to the hand of Harley Quinn in the Animated Series. The character Harley Quinn is in fact created, to some extent, with the influence of Japanese anime.

Although the headsculpt style of the Harley Quinn statue from TH is decidedly classic American but the overall art direction of the entire statue which includes the pose, the design of the base, etc is influenced or inspired by Japanese animation or anime. Obviously, it is not a direct copy of any particular Japanese anime in any way or form. TH and the artist who has created the original artwork which the statue is based upon have tweaked the design to suit the American taste, but the Japanese anime influence is not lost.

I suppose what I am trying to say here is a bit like describing fine wine to someone who is not familiar with wine. One has to have some knowledge and exposure to the subject, however minimal it may be, in order to fully understand and appreciate it.

Again, I am not trying to convince anyone to accept my view and the way I look at statues in general. You do you. I am fine with it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Anime character holding hammer 1.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	158356   Click image for larger version

Name:	Anime character holding hammer 2.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	158357   Click image for larger version

Name:	Anime character holding hammer 3..jpg
Views:	4
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	158358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Anime character holding hammer 4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	158359   Click image for larger version

Name:	Anime character holding hammer 5.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	158360  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Anime character holding hammer 6.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	158361  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:08 PM   #53
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I suppose what I am trying to say here is a bit like describing fine wine to someone who is not familiar with wine. One has to have some knowledge and exposure to the subject, however minimal it may be, in order to fully understand and appreciate it.
Really trying to make friends here, huh?

Quote:
Take Harley's mallet, for example, it is quite a mundane object in numerous Japanese animations before it has finally made its way to the hand of Harley Quinn in the Animated Series. The character Harley Quinn is in fact created, to some extent, with the influence of Japanese anime.
You made all of this up. There is tons of info about the creation of Harley, anime doesn't come up. Anime had almost zero cultural influence in the US by 1992, aside from some robot show and Akira for a select few. That was pre-Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon and the rest of the flood of Japanimation before the name switched.

All this hyperfocus on anime and you missed a way more likely pin-up influence and a Tom and Jerry-style mallet. There are cartoon stars the first time she hits Batman with it in the show. Timm worked on Tiny Toons before this, not Dragon Ball.

And again, not sure the point of the disclaimers when they contradict your writing style.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:35 PM   #54
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:01 PM   #55
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Seeing you silent is actually a massive improvement. Thanks!
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 04:06 PM   #56
craigcliff1
Zot

so it was TF as I had thought
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 05:47 PM   #57
Waga68
Fantastic Four

I'm definitely getting Two Face. BUT... I'd also really to see a Tweeterhead Penguin and Riddler.

Hope there are others that would want all 3
Waga68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:27 PM   #58
AC_808
Hercules

Damn ....about time!

Glad TH is working to give their fans what they are asking for.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2023, 08:43 PM   #59
KVC1986
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waga68 View Post
I'm definitely getting Two Face. BUT... I'd also really to see a Tweeterhead Penguin and Riddler.

Hope there are others that would want all 3
I definitely want all three! In quarter scale though. Gonna be so bummed if Two Face is only offered in 1/6 scale.
KVC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote