Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 11-07-2022, 12:53 AM   #1381
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Know your stuff before you make comments like this. I have and will always be a MOTU fan.
Good contradiction statement. I know my "stuffs", thanks kitty cat.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 01:05 AM   #1382
Starscream77
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanizor View Post
And what were those complaints that you've read here from those individuals who "don't represent" the MOTU fan majority may I ask?...

Most of what I saw here of those "complaints" were about the high price and the lack of characters in a given year.

Almost everyone in their right mind would probably be worried about the high prices these days which ultimately could drive some people to quit!
Not everyone has unlimited source of income, and not everyone is patient enough to wait for their favorite characters to be made before losing interest, while keeping in mind that this hobby has a very niche fan base.
my earlier comments were referencing the people losing interest or even just getting out of the hobby. those collectors dont represent the masses and I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to see that. the hobby keeps on chugging along.
for every collector that leaves the hobby there are plenty in the wings that will take their spot. plus this site is known for negativity lol, I dont see anyone in the Tweeterhead FB groups taking issue.
the few "losing interest" or leaving the hobby are not the majority of MOTU fans was my point.
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:03 AM   #1383
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Congrats on Orko!
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 01:41 PM   #1384
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
my earlier comments were referencing the people losing interest or even just getting out of the hobby. those collectors dont represent the masses and I dont think it takes a rocket scientist to see that. the hobby keeps on chugging along.
for every collector that leaves the hobby there are plenty in the wings that will take their spot. plus this site is known for negativity lol, I dont see anyone in the Tweeterhead FB groups taking issue.
the few "losing interest" or leaving the hobby are not the majority of MOTU fans was my point.
So what you're saying if TH starts charging $1K per 1/5 scale statue next summer, fans on FB will cheer about it and ask to bring it on?!!

To what limit this particular line would keep "chugging along" if prices keep going up in rapid numbers?

From what I've seen here, people of this place are not trying to be negative, just realistic.
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 05:48 PM   #1385
ROE
Frackin!

Congratulations on the Orko. I am so jelly right now.

...and

Screw higher prices. Discretionary spending is just that, and it has a limit. I am at mine.
ROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 04:47 PM   #1386
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Speaking of Orko, any chance of a revisit down the line?
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:19 PM   #1387
AC_808
Hercules

I hope so. Not a priority for me and it doesn't have to be soon, but I'm hoping they will eventually.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:33 PM   #1388
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I hope so. Not a priority for me and it doesn't have to be soon, but I'm hoping they will eventually.
My exact thought!
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 11:11 PM   #1389
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Question for anyone, I'm really late getting into this line, but just ordered my first piece, my question is, have they said anything about a stand alone He man? Although I liked the one from sideshow, I didn't like the head sculpt, it had too much realism to it, I prefer a mix of that with some action figure cartoonish qualities mixed in, I think the NECA mini statues he man was a great example of what I like for the look, the one thing I'm loving about these tweeterhead pieces is they are having swap out head sculpts ( always my favorite extra on a statue)
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2023, 02:55 AM   #1390
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Question for anyone, I'm really late getting into this line, but just ordered my first piece, my question is, have they said anything about a stand alone He man? Although I liked the one from sideshow, I didn't like the head sculpt, it had too much realism to it, I prefer a mix of that with some action figure cartoonish qualities mixed in, I think the NECA mini statues he man was a great example of what I like for the look, the one thing I'm loving about these tweeterhead pieces is they are having swap out head sculpts ( always my favorite extra on a statue)
I don't remember if they said it, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. They're releasing a new Skeletor so a new He-Man is basically a given.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote