Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-25-2023, 08:53 AM   #4951
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Played around with the spine bandolier trophy. Indeed it can be tucked just about all the way in, looks much better movie accurate. Regarding scale, previously I stated maybe 30% over sized, I take that back, this maybe around 5% to 10% max. Prime 1 did their home work, after having this for a week, this statue continues to impress me in unexpected ways. It is so accurate, intricately detailed and beautiful. Virtually flawless in everyway. Still waiting for P1 to get back to me re tusk, but man I am damn so happy to be able to have this exceptional replica. A joy to look at everyday. Owners of the 1/4 if your still in doubt or on the fence, I would not hesitate to recommend getting this. This is a must buy for hardcore predator fans.
Are you gonna try heating up the dreads with a hair dryer and repositioning them? I dont think anyone has tried it yet. Myself and Azurepred are interested if its gonna work. As the Australians say...you should give it a go
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:05 PM   #4952
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Are you gonna try heating up the dreads with a hair dryer and repositioning them? I dont think anyone has tried it yet. Myself and Azurepred are interested if its gonna work. As the Australians say...you should give it a go
Hey mate I'm one of the lucky few the dreads don't bother me so I'll be keeping them as is

With the bio portrait this thing is pretty much flawless. Downside of this beast is manual dusting will be a pain (edges of the base is already collecting some dust). Might need to get me one of those USB dust blowers
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:21 PM   #4953
Blade3327
Nightwing

Another new video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2R9qKrgDT4
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 03:25 PM   #4954
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
This piece with big chap isn?t as bad in scale as I was expecting, obviously not the same however I?ll be getting the new big chap now and putting him on a riser then display across the room facing towards pred
My initial impressions (before production) were they would pair ok, but after seeing some videos with them next to each other, it doesn't pair too well. The alien looks like a midget next to the 1/3. Also doesn't quite pair up with the 1/4 JH, alien looks too big. The only thing that the chap matches well with (in terms of scale) is the CM pred.
Old 01-25-2023, 03:55 PM   #4955
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Of all the collectors who have received their P1 1/3 Jungle Hunter so far, how many have received theirs with some form of damage?
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 05:15 PM   #4956
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
Of all the collectors who have received their P1 1/3 Jungle Hunter so far, how many have received theirs with some form of damage?
There's a stain on the loin cloth on his butt, pin head size chip near foot. Also I ordered the dx bonus and got a DX sent to me do there's that.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:37 PM   #4957
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Broken mandible on my semi. Everything else good.
Old 01-25-2023, 08:07 PM   #4958
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
My initial impressions (before production) were they would pair ok, but after seeing some videos with them next to each other, it doesn't pair too well. The alien looks like a midget next to the 1/3. Also doesn't quite pair up with the 1/4 JH, alien looks too big. The only thing that the chap matches well with (in terms of scale) is the CM pred.
Yeah I definitely won?t be putting them next to each other he would be put on seperate sides of the room on a riser. For me to have both original creatures in same detail and quality is where it?s at, the size isn?t grey but it?s not that different for me to feel like I don?t have both in a decent size
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 08:11 PM   #4959
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Had to sand down the pegs of two of my blades and couple of scratches on mute sides of my props bio (untouchable when displayed unless looking close as they are silver scratches not white) missing quills which all Aussie collectors seemed to have. Other than that it?s flawless and seeing how intricate this piece is with so many possibilities for damage im beyond impressed with prime 1. Generally I don?t like the idea of using a flashlight and looking over a statue because none are perfect however I have with this guy and not one other blemish or issue
Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 12:58 AM   #4960
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch0o View Post
Had to sand down the pegs of two of my blades and couple of scratches on mute sides of my props bio (untouchable when displayed unless looking close as they are silver scratches not white) missing quills which all Aussie collectors seemed to have. Other than that it?s flawless and seeing how intricate this piece is with so many possibilities for damage im beyond impressed with prime 1. Generally I don?t like the idea of using a flashlight and looking over a statue because none are perfect however I have with this guy and not one other blemish or issue
Agree. With so many parts and the size, a lot could have gone wrong. Roscoes review said he could see scuffs, blemishes and scratches on his, but I could barely see any on mine, even with a flashlight. Think the biggest hurdle for many are getting those legs in, and once in, I wonder how easy they are to get back out.

That said, I am glad prime did two pegs with one massive sized bolt, with it's top heavy weight it's better to be safe than sorry!