Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 01-26-2023, 12:05 AM   #141
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

Thank you, B_dub345. I just hope that I have better luck with the next one. What surprised me is that the box was not damaged. When I went to the UPS store to pick it up I heard something rattling and thought that was not a good sign.

The three you have look great together. Nice touch with that image of Batman looking over the hellscape.

The detail on the base is insane. I can't get over how the taillight looks like broken glass. At first I thought it was more damage on my copy but then realized that it was the actual detail of it. I've been trying to figure out if the design of the car is based on a real make and model or if WETA just came up with it. It looks to be a type of hatchback.
Saulutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 12:13 AM   #142
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_dub345 View Post
Just got him in today. Pretty happy with him, though not sure the price increase was justified. The details are quite good, and I'm convinced nobody does dirt and rock as well as Weta. The face sculpt looks like Affleck to me. I'm not sure how large a man Jared Leto is, the size difference of Joker is noticeable but not a deal breaker imo.
Looks pretty nice. Looks like Affleck to me. Congrats.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 12:44 AM   #143
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Just got him in today.
Congrats, the best Knightmare Bats
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 05:17 AM   #144
T1OOO
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Just got him in today. Pretty happy with him, though not sure the price increase was justified. The details are quite good, and I'm convinced nobody does dirt and rock as well as Weta. The face sculpt looks like Affleck to me. I'm not sure how large a man Jared Leto is, the size difference of Joker is noticeable but not a deal breaker imo.
That's what I've been wanting to see, Joker with other 1/4-scale statues. I think he is a bit small compared to the other two but he is further back and they still look good together.

Batman looks really good! Great collection!
T1OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 05:19 AM   #145
T1OOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
I'm glad to see that your's came in one piece, B_dub345! It gives me hope for mine. WETA replied to my message and said that they would be sending a replacement in a couple of days, T1000.

Your Batman statue and setup with the 3 looks amazing, B_dub345. Nicely done! I just looked up their heights and Leto is 5'11" and Affleck is 6'2". A 3" difference.
Great! I thought they would.
I've seen conflicting heights on Afflecks ranging from 6'2" to 6'4".
Old 01-26-2023, 11:04 PM   #146
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

If he's 6'4" then there definitely is a decent height difference between the two, T1000. I wonder if Joker looks shorter because of the angle that we are looking at him from. He's leaning way back and Batman is really leaning forward. Taking a picture looking up at the statues might exaggerate the difference. Maybe looking at them straight on, the height is not that drastic.

Either way, I still love the setup, B_dub345. They look outstanding together. That must be a really sturdy shelf you got there, because these are not light pieces.
Old 01-27-2023, 04:35 AM   #147
T1OOO

Yeah, he's leaning back, has his legs apart and he's towards the back of the base.
Old 01-27-2023, 09:03 AM   #148
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
Either way, I still love the setup, B_dub345. They look outstanding together. That must be a really sturdy shelf you got there, because these are not light pieces.
Thanks! And yes it is! 3/4" threaded steel rods into the livedge wallnut. I could probably sit on it (but I'm not gonna), they'll bend but shouldn't break
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 11:56 PM   #149
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

WETA was quick. They sent me a new statue last week and it arrived today without any breaks. I absolutely love it. I need to find a furniture piece or two to hold Batman and Superman.

I found a new detail that I was not aware of in the base today. There is a boot/foot, in the rubble, which I presume was one of Superman's victims that was in the vehicle he used his heat vision on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bats and Supes.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	176.8 KB
ID:	158676   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bats.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	201.3 KB
ID:	158677  
Old 02-02-2023, 12:55 AM   #150
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Great news, sounds like WETA's customer service is on point.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote