Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 03-05-2022, 10:43 PM   #21
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Now that Popcultcha has this up for preorder, I?m this close to preordering the entire set.

But whenever I get one of these 1/10 scale sets, I start adding it all up and thinking, for that kind of money I could get ?insert large scale statue?.

To preorder the lot will cost me $1,539 AUD shipped, or about $1,123 USD (Sideshow is $1,010 before shipping and taxes).
Yea when you think about how much collecting costs, it tends to turn me off a bit lol. Usually lately I'm not pre-ordering, and just waiting to get a deal of sorts on ebay or other places after they come out. The IS pieces, outside of any convention exclusives or really early line releases, are all still pretty available and at cheaper pricing then if you originally pre-ordered them. But hey, you should pre-order them so I can look at your pictures when you get them lol.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 11:14 AM   #22
Infinite GLORY

These are all up on Sideshow for order:

Black Widow, Hawkeye, Cap - $150 each
Thor - $160
Iron Man - $190
Hulk - $$210

I wonder what justified the $10 increase for Thor vs. the first 3? They couldn't have just priced him at the same $150 lol. It's prolly the cloth cape huh?
Old 04-22-2022, 05:09 AM   #23
sabin23
Birdman

Bought the set.

Hope to get a spinning lazy susan of some type replicate the iconic scene from the 1st Avengers movie.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 01:41 PM   #24
Infinite GLORY

Hulk is in stock at Sideshow. Since these all have pre-order dates of Jan-Mar, I would expect the others to show up shortly as well.

A very anticipated set on my end!
Old 01-31-2023, 09:40 AM   #25
Infinite GLORY

So I received Hulk from this line, and I have some mixed feelings about this piece.

On the pro side, the sculpt looks great, the pose is perfect and he has some hefty weight and height to him which makes me excited to add the rest of the Avengers lineup with him. The details on his sculpted pants are also wonderful and well done.

On the bad side, and from what you can see from the pictures, there are 2 glaring issues which blow my mind.

1. You can see this in the pictures, but for some reason instead of making Hulk 1 whole piece, OR being smart and maybe having his top torso half key into his lower half, they decided to make Hulk one whole piece EXCEPT for his face, which keys onto the top of his neck. So, as you can see, there are glaring seems right below his jaw line. Ummm WHAT the actual F Iron Studios why would you do this? The styrofoam packaging was just 1 manageable piece, with the base taped into the bottom of the styrofoam, and then in the top section all there was is Hulk's body and face. Literally no reason this should not be 1 of the 2 options I listed above.

2. The 2nd issue, and maybe you can or maybe you can't tell from the pictures, is that the separate face piece I referenced above appears to be a completely different shade of green then the rest of his body lol. I can't make this stuff up. And I'm assuming this is because the torso and face were produced at 2 different factories. Really for the price we pay for statues these days, there is no reason this should happen.

Besides those 2 issues, it really is a nice statue. From a distance you really can't tell the tone difference in the green I mentioned above. So hopefully that will fade as an issue at some point.

Old 01-31-2023, 10:10 AM   #26
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
So I received Hulk from this line, and I have some mixed feelings about this piece.

On the pro side, the sculpt looks great, the pose is perfect and he has some hefty weight and height to him which makes me excited to add the rest of the Avengers lineup with him. The details on his sculpted pants are also wonderful and well done.

On the bad side, and from what you can see from the pictures, there are 2 glaring issues which blow my mind.

1. You can see this in the pictures, but for some reason instead of making Hulk 1 whole piece, OR being smart and maybe having his top torso half key into his lower half, they decided to make Hulk one whole piece EXCEPT for his face, which keys onto the top of his neck. So, as you can see, there are glaring seems right below his jaw line. Ummm WHAT the actual F Iron Studios why would you do this? The styrofoam packaging was just 1 manageable piece, with the base taped into the bottom of the styrofoam, and then in the top section all there was is Hulk's body and face. Literally no reason this should not be 1 of the 2 options I listed above.

2. The 2nd issue, and maybe you can or maybe you can't tell from the pictures, is that the separate face piece I referenced above appears to be a completely different shade of green then the rest of his body lol. I can't make this stuff up. And I'm assuming this is because the torso and face were produced at 2 different factories. Really for the price we pay for statues these days, there is no reason this should happen.

Besides those 2 issues, it really is a nice statue. From a distance you really can't tell the tone difference in the green I mentioned above. So hopefully that will fade as an issue at some point.

Those issues are terrible. I'm bummed for you. Iron Studios is really hit or miss these days on their production pieces. I have their 1/4 Scarlet Witch on preorder and I'm pretty nervous what I'll end up getting.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 10:40 AM   #27
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
Those issues are terrible. I'm bummed for you. Iron Studios is really hit or miss these days on their production pieces. I have their 1/4 Scarlet Witch on preorder and I'm pretty nervous what I'll end up getting.
It's crazy because if you saw my pictures in the Spidey NWH thread, 1 of the Spideys has a noticeable arm seam as well. IDK what IS is doing these days. They have made 1 piece full sculpt statues before, and Hulk should definitely have been one of them.

Hopefully the Scarlet Witch piece comes out good, if it ever comes out at all ha. I feel like that piece has been delayed since there has been 0 updates on it for some time and it wasn't even shown off at any of last years cons while the Vision and Falcon Cap pieces were.
Old 01-31-2023, 11:08 AM   #28
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
It's crazy because if you saw my pictures in the Spidey NWH thread, 1 of the Spideys has a noticeable arm seam as well. IDK what IS is doing these days. They have made 1 piece full sculpt statues before, and Hulk should definitely have been one of them.

Hopefully the Scarlet Witch piece comes out good, if it ever comes out at all ha. I feel like that piece has been delayed since there has been 0 updates on it for some time and it wasn't even shown off at any of last years cons while the Vision and Falcon Cap pieces were.
Yes, we'll see on Scarlet Witch. SSC just updated me saying between Feb-May.

Also, I have the 1/10 Hulk from Infinity War from Iron Studios and that one has the head attached with no seam. As you say, not sure why they went with the separate headsculpt on this one.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 01:05 AM   #29
Lincoln627
Doh!

Received Black Widow today. Was not expecting her until around May/June as a preorder in Australia. But today she was delivered. Such a petite statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E7F8689C-3AF0-4176-813E-B57E1CCB1EE7.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	159778   Click image for larger version

Name:	7AD64B83-F3D5-424A-885A-62918CC9739E.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	159779   Click image for larger version

Name:	702198AF-DD53-4ED1-B1F2-6A13CCE85456.jpg
Views:	59