Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-14-2023, 03:23 PM   #21
Igo
Producer
Producer

Craig, Im just glad you emphasized "MIGHT". Im proud of you...
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 11:48 PM   #22
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
I will keep an open mind and hope for the best however unlikely it may be.

I am a big fan of classic style when it comes to superheroes. It doesn't have to be Superpower. It could be anything that have a similar look and feel. I truly dislike the anime inspired cartoonish style, whatever you want to call it, used on the Joker and Harley statues. That's just me. No one needs to agree.
Okay, it sure seems like you care, no matter many sentences you type to the contrary.

The sales were not there for the vintage stuff, the Superpowers name isn?t the issue. The Perez styling is. Not going to get much traction with the under-40 crowd if you stick to a five-year period ending in 1985.

When you declare the style is anime-inspired cartoonish, that is going to annoy people. You know that. Whether people like that sort of thing is irrelevant when your writing indicates that is the definitive description of the style. It?s not, and it reads like a pejorative. Feel free to discuss, but calling it a cartoon over and over doesn?t encourage much of anything.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 02:59 PM   #23
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Okay, it sure seems like you care, no matter many sentences you type to the contrary.
Would someone who doesn't care join a statue specific forum and spend so much time reading and writing on the subject?

Not sure what your observation is based on or where you get the impression from. It's fine with me. It doesn't bother me. You are entitled to your opinions.

Quote:
The sales were not there for the vintage stuff, the Superpowers name isn?t the issue. The Perez styling is.
I am very keen on vintage style superheroes, both DC and Marvel. It is the definitive style to me. It is what I want to see in the new and upcoming statues. I am not really interested in anything else. I welcome all interpretations from new artists as long as their works somehow resemble the vintage style I am so fond of. I am willing to pay good money for them. The sales are here in my case.

I don't mind Perez's work. It may not be as sophisticated and stylized as some of the newer stuff but he definitely has a distinctive style of his own whether you like it or not. I respect that and certainly don't see it as as issue or problem.

Quote:
When you declare the style is anime-inspired cartoonish, that is going to annoy people. You know that. Whether people like that sort of thing is irrelevant when your writing indicates that is the definitive description of the style. It?s not, and it reads like a pejorative. Feel free to discuss, but calling it a cartoon over and over doesn?t encourage much of anything.
Please make no mistake, I express my opinion on statues the way I see fit. That's nobody's business. Some of it is meant to be criticism and pejorative, some positive while some negative. That is not going to change. You can count on that. It is not my concern whether my opinion and criticism on certain statues may or may not "annoy people".

This is a forum. I am not here to sale or promote statues from any particular companies or manufacturers. I am not here to encourage or discourage anything or anyone either. I am no fanboy of anyone. I am here simply as a consumer and collector to voice my opinion on products that are or will be available for purchase. Like I said before, this forum is not about consensus or agreement among members. In fact, it is the opposite of that.

What seems to be an issue if I declare the anime-inspired cartoonish style the definitive style applied on the Joker and Harley statues from TH? It is definitive to me personally. What do you care?

Is it because you happen to spend money to purchase those statues and you are very pleased with them that it annoys you a great deal when someone expresses a completely opposite view loud and clear that your pride and feelings are hurt?

I sincerely hope it is not the case. However, if it is, unfortunately, the case here, then I would suggest you not to read other people's comments at all or just ignore the ones that you disagree with. I certainly hope you are not trying to stifle other people's opinion which you happen to dislike. It will be futile and it never ends well. I suppose you know that.

Final thought: Don't quote my, or anyone's, comments if you don't like them. Accept the fact that there are always collectors who dislike the statues you happen to like and collect, and they would like to express their disappointment to the manufacturers loud and clear in this forum. Nothing personal to you. It is only statues of comic book and movie characters we are talking about here.

Take it easy. Cheers.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 01:44 AM   #24
saberhagen

No one is going to read a manifesto, Hobbyist
Old 01-16-2023, 10:08 AM   #25
SDguy

SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 12:55 PM   #26
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
No one is going to read a manifesto, Hobbyist
Not a manifesto. Just a causal reply to your comment. You are the one who says "feel free to discuss".

It's meant for you only, saberhagen. No one else needs to read it.

It's all good if you don't want to read the feedback to your comment. It means you have taken it easy as I've suggested you to.

It's a good change of attitude. Good for you.
Old 01-17-2023, 03:11 PM   #27
Waga68
Fantastic Four

Would love to add a classic Riddler or Penguin to my collection.

Really hope these get made. Go Tweeterhead!
Waga68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 04:49 PM   #28
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
All three characters will be very well received.

I would ask TH to do them in a truly classic and grown up style similar to that on the original Batman, Batgirl and Robin statues, none of those anime inspired juvenile cartoon style seen on Joker and Harley.
The Super Powers Line could've been something really special. I'm still annoyed that they abandoned it for the 2.0 or whatever they call it line. They were onto something great. oh well.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 11:04 PM   #29
saberhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
The Super Powers Line could've been something really special. I'm still annoyed that they abandoned it for the 2.0 or whatever they call it line. They were onto something great. oh well.
How exactly? The last few in the line were down to like 200 ES.
Old 01-18-2023, 04:12 PM   #30
Hobbyist
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I am with you 100%.

Trends come and go and bounce back later. Hopefully, the vintage/classic style superheroes will become popular again.

People's taste in statues is as diverse as the design of superheroes. There is always room for non-mainstream stuff.