Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

View Poll Results: Does your spouse/companion support your collection?
She is very supportive 46 28.05%
She is okay about it 60 36.59%
She does not like it but puts up with it 33 20.12%
She hates it and wants me to sell everything 14 8.54%
I'm married to my collection.... 11 6.71%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #71
Johnneeukca
New Republic

We have a set budget of $200 per month for statues and she's generally okay to bank that and carry it forward to the following month if needed. Usually means I'm okay to order a CS Moore statue a month or a sideshow statue every two months. I'm going to start taking advantage of the variable payment flexpay to even out payments and stay within budget. This was her suggestion to stop my statue budget being lost in the event I didn't spend it.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #72
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

She puts up with it but at the same time she would love nothing more if I sold everything.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #73
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
We have a set budget of $200 per month for statues and she's generally okay to bank that and carry it forward to the following month if needed. Usually means I'm okay to order a CS Moore statue a month or a sideshow statue every two months. I'm going to start taking advantage of the variable payment flexpay to even out payments and stay within budget. This was her suggestion to stop my statue budget being lost in the event I didn't spend it.
I'm in a similar situation, my wife and I set a $250 a month limit for my statues ($3,000 a year), which equals about 6-8 statues a year. For my birthday and Christmas she will buy statues of my choice not to exceed $400. So pretty much I get 10 statues a year. I have to be very selective in what I buy because I can reach the $3,000 year allowance fairly quickly.
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #74
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

My wife doesn't like it one bit, but she puts up with it. Let me tell you, I get an ear full of grief evertime I buy something "geeky" (As she calls it) lol.
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #75
Fremen
Birds of Prey

My boyfriend doesn't say much about it. He doesn't seem to mind too much. He hates the boxes though.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #76
risingstar
Jedi Order

My partner (of 12 years) loves the statues as it brings so much color, fun, and creativity to our home. My daughter particularly loves it whenever a new statue arrives. Considering what we generally hear from hobbyist husbands, I'm pretty lucky. The only thing which bothers my partner, which incidentally bothers me even more, is all the boxes. However, we both understand that eventual resales are a big part of the hobby so the boxes are definitely here to stay.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #77
hotrodhoodrat
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?

Thx much, to the ladies, that support or also get involved in these hobbies,
with out all your support, we wouldn't have some of the best peaces of art ever made IMO &
hotrodhoodrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #78
Tabbykitty
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I'm lucky. My husband and I are both comic/sci fi fans and collectors, so we collaborate on additions to our collection. Usually that means going over what is coming out, deciding on what we absolutely must have and what would be nice to collect down the road. It's never difficult to pick a christmas or birthday gift for each other lol.

Our house does resemble a comic store though
Tabbykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #79
ChromeColossus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Depends on Her Mood
ChromeColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #80
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodri2540 View Post
I'm in a similar situation, my wife and I set a $250 a month limit for my statues ($3,000 a year), which equals about 6-8 statues a year. For my birthday and Christmas she will buy statues of my choice not to exceed $400. So pretty much I get 10 statues a year. I have to be very selective in what I buy because I can reach the $3,000 year allowance fairly quickly.
I'm probably about five or six a year. You know what though, I find that doing it that way stops you buying stuff you "think" is really cool. I instead you have to be absolutely sure it's one you want. BTW, the one thing my wife won't do is buy statues for Birthday or Christmas.
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote