Old 07-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #41
DSET
The Secret Six

its already a cartoon!!!
DSET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:42 PM   #42
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

DC entertainment also pulled/postponed Batman Incorporated #3 due to the references to gun violence and a teacher pulling a gun on a classroom in the issue. The owners of my LCS let me buy my copy.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:49 AM   #43
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

What a joke
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #44
mwf6171
internet forum tough guy

Location: Gore/Aussie Land!!! well Kansas City, MO actually..
This looks like garbage.
mwf6171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:13 PM   #45
MrYac
Hercules

i already had next to no interest in the series, but i certainly hate reactions like this. i wonder what they'll do, paint all the weapons bright yellow like water guns or just go the old "laser" route
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:10 AM   #46
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

So who watched it?

I'm about to. I'll report back here once I'm done.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #47
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

It was alright. Far from TAS but better than the past two attempts (Brave and the Bold and The Batman). It's a very different approach though.

The flow feels very much like a live action TV series. The fight sequences, car chases, characters and dialogue are very typical of the current trend in Hollywood action movies.

Early opinions on characters are; Batman feels a little like a grown-up Terry. I want the old Alfred back. Katana was barely introduced but I have a feeling I'll like her. Toad doesn't seem to fit the world. Pyg is kind of a mash-up of other Batman villains.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #48
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnShinNoi View Post
It was alright. Far from TAS but better than the past two attempts (Brave and the Bold and The Batman). It's a very different approach though.

The flow feels very much like a live action TV series. The fight sequences, car chases, characters and dialogue are very typical of the current trend in Hollywood action movies.

Early opinions on characters are; Batman feels a little like a grown-up Terry. I want the old Alfred back. Katana was barely introduced but I have a feeling I'll like her. Toad doesn't seem to fit the world. Pyg is kind of a mash-up of other Batman villains.
My Satellite carrier brings me hundreds of channels but not one that carried this show

I am curious about it, thanks for the review. Having said that I loved "The Batman" while certainly not on par with TAS it blows a lot of non Bruce Timm comic book animated series away IMHO.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #49
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

So in front of Bruce Wayne's house there is a sign saying Beware of Batman instead of Beware of Dog
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:14 AM   #50
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
My Satellite carrier brings me hundreds of channels but not one that carried this show

I am curious about it, thanks for the review. Having said that I loved "The Batman" while certainly not on par with TAS it blows a lot of non Bruce Timm comic book animated series away IMHO.
It's speedy of me to be calling it better than The Batman. I didn't love that show but did watch every episode. I particularly enjoyed the evolution of the two detective characters, Batgirl's introduction and the conflict it created with Robin.

I love to see characters and stories continue across an entire season of episodes. I could never get into Brave and the Bold because of its stand alone episodes with little connection and am yet to watch season 3. Beware the Batman looks like it will definitely have continuation.