Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-05-2015, 02:41 PM   #111
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post

Although her portrait did look more feminine after some people did a repaint, the paint application on the original was really bad.
Yeah, the paint app is the problem. She's supposed to be a badass. The prototype nailed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Yeah I'm pretty sure the paint apps were the real problem with the first PF. Otherwise it had a great pose, base, and the cape was super cool.
Yep, really well done. The severed head, the blood effect on the sword, the dagger, scabbard and straps, the weathering on the boots and cape, the fact that the sword and chains are metal...all awesome. I'll even give the paint apps on the body a pass, it's the portraits that are really off.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 03:00 PM   #112
dechirico7
The Flash

Sorry guys, I still don't like the square face, lol. If you hold up your finger and slightly block out that back edge of her jaw, she looks way better.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #113
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Would anyone recommend the original sonja pf i love everything about it except the paint?
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #114
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Would anyone recommend the original sonja pf i love everything about it except the paint?
In my opinion, the EX is worth owning because the good outweighs the bad. It's not what it could've been, but still a very nice PF.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #115
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
If you like it, why not?
And I would get it now. I think it is going for retail or less.
Old 07-05-2015, 04:58 PM   #116
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Only if you can afford a repaint, ergo, if you're willing to shed out another 300-400$.
I see no point in settling with it if you don't like one of the major aspects of the statue, and imho here the Ex is a must have. Probably one of the last true "Ex or fail" by Sideshow.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #117
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
If you like it, why not?
And I would get it now. I think it is going for retail or less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Only if you can afford a repaint, ergo, if you're willing to shed out another 300-400$.
I see no point in settling with it if you don't like one of the major aspects of the statue, and imho here the Ex is a must have. Probably one of the last true "Ex or fail" by Sideshow.
I agree with both of you. One of the few "must" EXs, and if you want one, now is the time to get it. At some point the EX will be harder to get.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #118
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It does look like Sideshow will take inspiration from that Michael Turner piece. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Stjepan Sejic did do a bunch of Red Sonja covers. I wonder if he worked on this as well as He-Man. Whatever the case, this Red Sonja will still be something I wait to see the final result. We all remember what happened with the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
Reminds me of the Turner cover with the snake. They made a statue of this, but it isn't very good IMO.

What was wrong with the statue? I think they made two versions. I recall it was just like the artwork.

Quote:
I loved the face sculpt myself, it's the paint and eye color that are off for me. The only reason I still have the piece is because I think they nailed the sculpt and paint is fixable (when I get around to sending it off somewhere):

[/IMG]
But you shouldn't have to buy the statue and get her repainted. I believe I thought Red Sonja was the statue of SDCC in one of my threads here. That paint job was a major disappointment.

Quote:
Yeah, the paint app is the problem. She's supposed to be a badass. The prototype nailed it.

This was the statue I wanted...Still I've seen some amazing repaints.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:15 PM   #119
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
It does look like Sideshow will take inspiration from that Michael Turner piece. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Stjepan Sejic did do a bunch of Red Sonja covers. I wonder if he worked on this as well as He-Man. Whatever the case, this Red Sonja will still be something I wait to see the final result. We all remember what happened with the first one.
I would not be surprised if they do a Red Sonja based on his art, since they are basing the MOTU statues on it.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #120
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Just be smart consumers this time and don't preorder from Sideshow. Wait for in hand before deciding. The fact that they could get away with the previous release and have the nerve to make another just tells me it's easy money exploiting people who blindly purchase these things.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote