Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-12-2017, 08:56 AM   #2681
100 Hand Slap
Kindly Asked To Leave

So who has the luxury of sharing the classic teaser today then?? My collectible World ... I am Street Fighter. Come on one of you must have the green light from Jerry
100 Hand Slap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:56 AM   #2682
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Having seen all 3 bases, The grey red gold/yellow (is the dragon yellow?) combo of the Alpha base works best, in my eyes atleast

The grey, black, gold base suit’s the Battle outfit perfectly.

The base for Chun-Li Classic works the least.
I like the base design but not the color scheme on classic. Not a fan of the white or baby blue dragon/baby blue arch... Just doesn't flow as well as the others imo.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:13 AM   #2683
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 Hand Slap View Post
So who has the luxury of sharing the classic teaser today then?? My collectible World ... I am Street Fighter. Come on one of you must have the green light from Jerry
Patience my friend
Old 05-12-2017, 09:19 AM   #2684
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100 Hand Slap View Post
Radd Titan jk
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #2685
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Radd Titan jk
Ah ha ha ha ha ha.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:11 AM   #2686
MuppetMad
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:

Having seen all 3 bases, The grey red gold/yellow (is the dragon yellow?) combo of the Alpha base works best, in my eyes atleast

The grey, black, gold base suit’s the Battle outfit perfectly.

The base for Chun-Li Classic works the least. Unlike Alpha and Battle, there appears to be 3 different colours representing the brick/plaster (grey, pinkie red, blue).
Maybe the grey area below Chun-Li’s boots (which looks unpainted on this base) should be pinkie red or blue to either match the blue arch or pinkie red plaster wall.

Maybe the dragon should have been gold on all 3 bases.
i agree the classic is the worst. which of coarse I am getting lol. To me its the colours that disappoint me. that bland blue just doesn't work. and I agree the dragon should be gold. But maybe the colours will work better once we see the full pic? I'l hold my judgment until then, but I am a bit worried. I think battle should have that gold on the corners as well though, as it looks way too black all over to me.
MuppetMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:32 AM   #2687
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
The base is by far the weakest part of the statue. I would have wished for something different.
You're right. Of course its the weakest part, its got Chun Li on top to compete with. The base is the weakest part of pretty much every statue(unless its a really crappy statue or youre really into bases lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addic View Post
I said multiple times that all 3 versions are great (with classic to be the greatest in my opinion) and that I am going to order the classic version because it's awesome.

But despite that it looks that it isn't allowed to be critical and to have parts of the statue that I don't like or don't like that much. Pretty weird in my eyes.
Nobody is saying you arent allowed to express an opinion, it just comes off as abrasive when it is expressed as fact. "The base is by far the weakest part of the statue" is expressed as fact. The comment draws backlash because it suggests that people who like the base are wrong. People wouldnt have jumped on it if you simply said, "I dont like the base" or "I think the base is weak".

Anyways cheers to another classic lover, cant wait to see the pic release today
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:37 AM   #2688
ukshaun
Hercules

Can't wait to see Chun-Li Classic today
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:45 AM   #2689
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Can't wait to see Chun-Li Classic today
Might save it for the newsletter Sunday.
Would make sense.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #2690
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I like the base design but not the color scheme on classic. Not a fan of the white or baby blue dragon/baby blue arch... Just doesn't flow as well as the others imo.
Same here.

Would rather see the classic base with a gold Dragon and gray bricks.

After CBG making a comment about the work in progress base looking like a cake, all I can think about is the baby blue on white looks like frosting. Lol
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote