Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #441
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
It was a comment I believe Seng made when the question about the water element came up. I can't remember exactly where on facebook the comment was made though. Maybe it was RaddTitan? Can't remember. Sorry.
ok no worries. Let's see what XM comes up with.
thx
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:30 PM   #442
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

XM 2 things to make this Wolverine the baddest wolverine statue ever! I love weapon X..everything about it just screams Wolverine and the animal that he is.

First Please change the Helmet to gunmetal instead of green....including those things hanging on his waist.

Second Add blue highlights to his hair. Not over the top blue but just enough (Jim lee)

-I think the water effect is fine..really kool..but don't want it to be sloppy. Less is more imo.

I'm super pumped to get this!
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #443
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoToys View Post
XM 2 things to make this Wolverine the baddest wolverine statue ever! I love weapon X..everything about it just screams Wolverine and the animal that he is.

First Please change the Helmet to gunmetal instead of green....including those things hanging on his waist.

Second Add blue highlights to his hair. Not over the top blue but just enough (Jim lee)

-I think the water effect is fine..really kool..but don't want it to be sloppy. Less is more imo.

I'm super pumped to get this!
I'm curious if they can make it metal looking like cables arm if it's a different color than the gunmetal colored based.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:41 AM   #444
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
ok, I guess we'll see how it plays out. Can you elaborate on your initial concerns about longevity? where'd you hear about this potential issue and what exactly were the concerns? discoloration over time? thx
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
It was a comment I believe Seng made when the question about the water element came up. I can't remember exactly where on facebook the comment was made though. Maybe it was RaddTitan? Can't remember. Sorry.

I can answer this one as I discussed this issue with Seng while in Singapore. XM does not want to produce this piece if the ''wet look'' will peel or discolor or frankly, will eventually look less appealing over time. That would just disappoint everyone involved. Right now, if I understood correctly, XM is trying to find the right balance between the wet and dry areas (i.e, how many wet areas versus how many dry areas). Also, they're presently playing with this procedure (i.e., a heating procedure of sorts) which would give them a good idea how this piece would look in the future. I was quite taken aback at how much time and effort is put into the development of a statues so that they can pass the test of time.

They're on this. I wouldn't worry. They ask the same questions we would.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:27 AM   #445
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
I'm curious if they can make it metal looking like cables arm if it's a different color than the gunmetal colored based.
That would look sweet...I'd be down with that..just not green please.
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:08 AM   #446
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoToys View Post
That would look sweet...I'd be down with that..just not green please.
Yea, for me I just want this to be the best depiction of Weapon X for a statue and basically it is, it just needs that simple touch of something traditionally seen throughout everything comicbook related to Weapon X and that's a metal looking helmet. I hope for the best because with XM I feel they listen to our input since we look out for the best interest for the collectors.

I just made a poll in hopes XM will see it and change it to the traditional metal colors many of us are after if enough people vote.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 12:29 PM   #447
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Here's my video of the Weapon X unmasked head from STGCC. It was amazing!

XM Studios Weapon X Unmasked Head STGCC 2017
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:48 PM   #448
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Finally scored a weapon x. So so glad because it was getting harder and harder to get him for the price I wanted. I think xm is going to make sure he comes out AMAZING!!!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #449
jimjimmyjones85
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargersfan57 View Post
Finally scored a weapon x. So so glad because it was getting harder and harder to get him for the price I wanted. I think xm is going to make sure he comes out AMAZING!!!
Where dd you go?
jimjimmyjones85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 04:05 PM   #450
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjimmyjones85 View Post
Where dd you go?
Check out the XM BST section on Facebook. I just sent out a message and had a few contacts in Singapore get a hold of me.

Then you can shop around and see who can get you the best price.

One of my contacts through the forum sold his last one so I tried to see if anybody could match his price and I got lucky.
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote