Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-22-2014, 01:33 PM   #4401
Hanzo
I am da law!

Ermac/rain won the next classic statue poll but nothing was announced, any ermac/rain related news in the near future?
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #4402
Verbal21
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
Ermac/rain won the next classic statue poll but nothing was announced, any ermac/rain related news in the near future?
This was my next question, along with asking about the Cyber Ninja's.

And thanks for answering my last question, Jerry.
Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 04:17 PM   #4403
jedisword
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thanks for answering my questions Jerry. So.you have actually spoken to Nickolodean already or is that what you mean about early next year
jedisword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:19 PM   #4404
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post

Im a Jodorowsky fan so I know Metabarons. Unfortunately I dont see us doing anything from it right now.
Great to hear that! Jodorowsky is underrated. Why would you not try?!? Is it too fringe?

Seriously, if you did 1/3 statue line-up of the metabarons and made a ES of 250, pretty sure you could sell that amount relatively easily a the same price as MK 1/3 line! You could at least test the waters with one statue of THE metabaron...
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:51 AM   #4405
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Hi, Jerry.I just wanted to ask, is there a chance we'll see the 1/4 Kintaro statue at NYCC next year?Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #4406
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Will we see anything from The Thing or American werewolf in London this year ?
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #4407
kakarot117
Kindly Asked To Leave

how many overall mk statues are we looking at preordering next year? could you give us a idea of the months?
kakarot117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 11:25 PM   #4408
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

hello, first time asking a question here.
i noticed that in the images you sent out in the news letter and that are on your site. the back modern version of batman has short ears while the EX blue version has longer ears.
but yet the black/modern version of Batman that was shown at the NYCC had the longer ears like the classic blue EX version.

so will the black modern version have long ears like the blue EX version or with they be short?
im really hoping that they will be long.

hope fully you can answer the question.

thank you

DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:16 AM   #4409
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Hi Jerry,
sorry if I put this bluntly, but I have a personal interest in it.
When all is said and done, in a production run with low-average ES (2000-3000 range), which is more expensive, PVC or polystone?
I'm asking because I heard a lot of talks about the matter recently but I have yet to receive a straight answer. I figure asking directly to you is the quicker and more straightforward way to have some insight.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:34 PM   #4410
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Hi Jerry,
sorry if I put this bluntly, but I have a personal interest in it.
When all is said and done, in a production run with low-average ES (2000-3000 range), which is more expensive, PVC or polystone?
I'm asking because I heard a lot of talks about the matter recently but I have yet to receive a straight answer. I figure asking directly to you is the quicker and more straightforward way to have some insight.
There is no straight answer. Its going to depend on the complexity of the piece, but generally speaking...

Per unit PVC costs about half what polystone does. But polystone does not require steel tooling, and PVC does.

Generally, to go to PVC you need to do a minimum of 2000 pcs to justify the cost of the steel tooling and keep the retail price reasonable

Now, there are companies that will do small runs of 500 pieces in PVC but the price per unit ends up being even more than it would be in polystone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
hello, first time asking a question here.
i noticed that in the images you sent out in the news letter and that are on your site. the back modern version of batman has short ears while the EX blue version has longer ears.
but yet the black/modern version of Batman that was shown at the NYCC had the longer ears like the classic blue EX version.

so will the black modern version have long ears like the blue EX version or with they be short?
im really hoping that they will be long.

hope fully you can answer the question.
The pictures on the website are accurate to how the statues will come.

The grey/black comes with short ears and the blue/black comes with long ears.

The ears on the NYCC piece were incorect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarot117 View Post
how many overall mk statues are we looking at preordering next year? could you give us a idea of the months?
If I include all statues and busts from all games then 10-12 pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Will we see anything from The Thing or American werewolf in London this year ?
Not this year but we are working on them. Had a meeting Friday about it. Just going slow.

Im hoping to show the first AWIL piece in February and first THing piece in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
Great to hear that! Jodorowsky is underrated. Why would you not try?!? Is it too fringe?

Seriously, if you did 1/3 statue line-up of the metabarons and made a ES of 250, pretty sure you could sell that amount relatively easily a the same price as MK 1/3 line! You could at least test the waters with one statue of THE metabaron...
Unfortunately I dont see us doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedisword View Post
Thanks for answering my questions Jerry. So.you have actually spoken to Nickolodean already or is that what you mean about early next year
I havent spoken to them since NYCC. I will next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo View Post
yes
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote