Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-29-2023, 10:58 AM   #1
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

House of M Omnibus

The 8 issues long event was fine, it needed abit more meat to the story though, but what are tie ins good for anyway. The main focus of the tie ins were on the descrimination made by the Mutant majorty under Magneto Government to human minority. The First part after the main event, House of M Spider-Man was not tie in issues, but a 5 issues long mini series tied to the main event.

I couldn't fit it in anywhere in the main event's story though. When Layla gave Spider-Man his memories back from real world in House of M main event, Spider-Man was still a popular wrestler/film Star in House of M realty, but Spider-Man fell from grace and hated by the public because he lied to the mutant public that he was a mutant, but it turned out he actually was just a normal human who got his Powers by an accident in the House of M Spider-Man mini and the writer of house of m Spider-Man even gave Peter a weird happy end in the mini before he met layla in the main event. All of these fit no where in the main event, because as i said before where we saw Peter for the first time in the House of M Realty in the main event, when layla gave Peter back his real world memories, Peter was still a popular wrestler/Film Star.

Did the tie in writers even communicate with Bendis and each other when they were writing their stories. It was not even the only logical mistake in the overall event. Another Example was Peter's Diary in House of M Spider-Man mini. How could it excist ????? It was impossible for Peter to write that Diary because he didn't remember the reality before Scarlet Witch Altered it to House of M reality. And Storm was talking about the discrimination against feathered, scaled, furry etc. monstrous looking mutants by Magneto govenment that those mutants couldn't find jobs as newscasters, talkshow hosts or they weren't in any tv shows etc. This was in the Black Panther tie in, But There were freaky looking monstrous mutants as Newscasters or Talkshow Hosts in House of M Spider-Man mini.

Ok you will say it is understandable for such writing mistakes to happen in such a big event that comic writers are too lazy or not smart enough to orginize such a intricate team work to avoid such mistakes. Ok, understandable, but such a logical mistakes kill the joy of reading to such a level at some point, it is annoying. I must rant about it ! HA HA

I never really cared about Mar-Vell or Genis-Vell or whatever cosmic characters so Thunderbolts tei in which was focused on Genis-Vell was boring to me. I didn't care much about the Uncanny X-Men tie ins which were focused on Captain Britian and his sister and some other characters i am not familiar with. This was the first time, i read about these D lister or something characters. Genis-Vell or Captain Britian never looked appealing to me, personally and after reading the tie ins, my mind didn't change. The 3 issues long House of M Iron-Man mini was fine, the Iron Man Armor design was ok. Hulk tie ins were fine as well, i enjoyed reading them. I think the writer tried to fit in as many Hulk Smash one liners as possible in the story. I wonder if the Hulk fans went ''hell yeah, now we are talking'' each time Banner or Hulk or someone said Hulk Smash. HA HA I think Hulk fans are easy to please, just throw in many Hulk Smash one liners in your story and they are happy. HA HA

Well, i couldn't wait to finish the House of M Omnibus and wrote this review before i finish the House of M Omnibus. HA HA I think i got too eager about what people think about House of M and here we are.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 11:24 AM   #2
Mister H
Gen 13

Forgot I have that omni. I'll have to crack it open and read the Captain Britain part.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 11:35 AM   #3
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Forgot I have that omni. I'll have to crack it open and read the Captain Britain part.
You like Captain Britain, huh. Well, i really don't care about him or his sister. the Uncanny X-Men House of M tie ins that focused on them were really meh. And i was like who reads about these characters... ???? like are there people who really care about these uber D listers ???? and it turns out you read them... lol well, good for you.
Old 12-29-2023, 11:55 AM   #4
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
You like Captain Britain, huh. Well, i really don't care about him or his sister. the Uncanny X-Men House of M tie ins that focused on them was really meh. And i was like who reads about these characters... ???? like are there people who really care about these uber D listers ???? and it turns out you read them... lol well, good for you.
That remains to be seen. This is about the time Marvel started getting un-readable so you may be right about the "meh" aspect. As far as uber D-listers go I'm really anticipating the first volume of ROM and Micronauts. Those along with a couple of reprints of Savage Sword of Conan and I'll be just about finished with Marvel Omnis.
Old 12-29-2023, 12:04 PM   #5
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
That remains to be seen. This is about the time Marvel started getting un-readable so you may be right about the "meh" aspect. As far as uber D-listers go I'm really anticipating the first volume of ROM and Micronauts. Those along with a couple of reprints of Savage Sword of Conan and I'll be just about finished with Marvel Omnis.
It is surprising, but Marvel's ROM Comics has a decent amount of following in Turkiye as well. Somebody published probably some unlicensed ROM Comics in Turkiye in the 80s or something. I saw many Turkish facebook users on my add as friends list with Rom profile pics on facebook. lol
Old 12-29-2023, 05:41 PM   #6
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

oh ! I forgot to mention, House of M Wolverine tie ins were fine as well. Wolverine and Nick Fury had a vendetta between them in the House of M realty and Nick Fury had both of his eyes. the ending was ok.

House of M Pulse tie in which was also written by Bendis was fantastic though. The art was great as well, it was realistic. Hawkeye in it was abit trigger happy with his bow, but also so bad ass. I couldn't believe how Bendis managed to write such a bad ass Hawkeye... He oozed coolness and badassery. It is such a missed opportunity that Bendis never had a Hawkeye run when he was with Marvel.
Old 01-03-2024, 01:18 AM   #7
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I just have the Oversized HC of House of M, which compiles the core story only. Is there a reason to get the Omni if I’ve got this version?
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2024, 04:22 AM   #8
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
I just have the Oversized HC of House of M, which compiles the core story only. Is there a reason to get the Omni if I?ve got this version?
It depends, if you want to see what is going on in the House of M realty on a wider scale with alot of tie ins which some of them had logical mistakes which were the results of bad team work, overall bad cordination of the writers. lol

I forgot to mention again (sorry, if anyone cares lol),but Captain America tie in was fine as well. Cap was an old man who never stuck in ice but lived his life until modern days of House of M America in the tie in. He supported mutants and refused to testimony against Namor and Toro on the American Court, Namor and Toro were mutants and Steve resigned from being Captain America in the 50s. Then later on he opposed to the Magneto regiment, he said they were fascist, but couldn't do anything about their rise to the power. Peggy left Steve, she thought he was a loser with a large mouth. And Steve was a lonely old man in the end... But He wasn't sorry, he was happy about how he lived his life... But he was saying to himself'' this doesn't feel like how it is supposed to end...'' in the end of the tie in issue.

There is even a House of M Companion Omnibus coming this year !!!! lol a second House of M Omnibus full of tie in issues !!!! lol
Old 01-03-2024, 09:53 AM   #9
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
There is even a House of M Companion Omnibus coming this year !!!! lol a second House of M Omnibus full of tie in issues !!!! lol
Which shows you how much Marvel tries to milk stories. IMO, I don't think fans care too much beyond the main story. It's interesting to see glimpses of how an alternate reality affects non-central characters but rarely does anything stick out. I've heard this HoM companion isn't that great, sort of like the AoA companion omni.
Old 01-03-2024, 10:46 AM   #10
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Which shows you how much Marvel tries to milk stories. IMO, I don't think fans care too much beyond the main story. It's interesting to see glimpses of how an alternate reality affects non-central characters but rarely does anything stick out. I've heard this HoM companion isn't that great, sort of like the AoA companion omni.
I haven't read AoA yet, so i don't know how it is. I like to read mini side stories or tie ins of an event, if the event is good. Some of the tie ins and mini side stories can be really good, for example/ House of M Pulse tie in by Bendis was so good here. Hawkeye in it was so bad ass. It fired me up to read Hawkeye. I will definetly grab Fraction Hawkeye Omnibus.