Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 07-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #41
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I got my 4 day pass. Took me about 20 minutes in the queue. I have to admit, it was easier compare to last year.
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 09:45 AM   #42
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by resnbike View Post
does anybody know if they will be checking id at the door.......
I may give one of my tickets to my step-daughter.
The previous year was a card reader. It speed up the process to get people in. I don't believe they will check ID. It will be too time consuming. Could you image what the line would look like outside?

I believe fan verification is just a method to help screen out the scalpers from selling to people who does not have a fan verification at the purchasing stage only.
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:31 PM   #43
resnbike
Fantastic Four

that's what I was thinking too. checking id would cause such a backlog getting into the convention.
resnbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #44
resnbike
Fantastic Four

I did find this on the web. its something on reddit. can anyone confirm it?

They tweeted to bring ID this year.

ouch. do you know when they tweeted this? i want to show my friend that doesn't believe me.

They didn't require it the past couple of times I've been there. Just the pass/ticket. Who knows though, it seems like anything can happen this year.

I have a friend who entered a different last name on his ticket who is really worried about this. I wish they would be more up front about the ID policy.

In the receipt email it says they'll be checking ID

I had called about something else and the issue of ID's did come up. The lady at Reed Pop/NYCC seemed to think I definitely needed an ID at the door.

The ticket/badge has always been enough to get in. Although, I get the feeling that with fan verification, and a name and email address being linked to each individual ticket, that the ticket itself will act as a form of ID. (Some interesting implications might come from that....hmm.) But probably a good idea to bring some other form of ID, just in case.

They say to bring ID but I can't imagine them being able to actually check every ID and get everyone through the door in a timely fashion. That being said I wouldn't want to chance it. You spend all that money and then get kicked out and all badges deactivated with no money back I'm assuming if you get caught.

The email receipt from ReedPop says: 'Our Staff will be checking photo IDs onsite. All customers should bring a credit card and photo ID to the event.'

Whether they'll actually institute some kind of mandatory ID check at the door remains to be seen, but they've been implying that there will be ID checks at NYCC this year. Hope this helps!
resnbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:29 PM   #45
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

That would be the ultimate fan clusterf__k if they were to check ids for thousands of people.

It would take hours to get in.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #46
Pyrotwilight
U talkin' to me?

Alas. 3 and 4 were gone almost instantly so no tickets for me.

So unless they sell them at Midtown like other years I'm out of luck.

It's been about 4 years I want to say since I've actually been able to buy tickets online.
Pyrotwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #47
apetrucc
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Got a Friday ticket hopefully I can scout up a Saturday ticket !!!
apetrucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:55 PM   #48
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

I've got tix for thurs, Friday, and Sunday. Hoping to get everything I want done by end of day Friday, and hopefully get rid of my Sunday ticket to someone (at cost) if that's even possible. But I'm excited, I had an awesome time last year, and got to meet a lot of my favorite artists
pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:38 PM   #49
pwimrbarnes
Justice League

If you're looking for a great pre-show commission, I recommend Sumeyye Kesgin:

http://sumeyyekesgin.blogspot.com.tr/2016/07/nycc.html

She's from Turkey and this is her first stateside show. Let's show her some love! Here's a piece she did for me a few months back:

pwimrbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:58 PM   #50
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

You forgot to add "pretty damn hot" in your post.

candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote