Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-05-2022, 05:49 AM   #81
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Well Dan Didio was not a fan of the first set of sidekicks like Wally, Donna, even Dick and really tried his best to get rid of them but it always failed.

But the Clay Mann artwork in Heroes in Crisis was fantastic
Tom King works with really good artists. The artist changes from arc to arc, sometimes issue to issue, but all the artists on his Batman run is consistantly good. There is this new artist, i saw for the first time, Mikel Janin, his art is amazing. It is like his art is a comic book art like Tony S. Daniel art, kind of cartoony but with a more cinematic realism edge, but the cinematic realism is not as strong as lets say Alex Ross art, his art is more comic booky, cartoony but cinematic enough. There are also veterans like David Finch on Tom King Batman run as artist. I don't remember the rest of the artists' names, but they were very good as well.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 06:59 AM   #82
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I don't think Tom King run will be my favorite run anymore...

He kept the ''Satire'' going too long... OK, he had his ''Satire'' issue... But it was not enough for him. He had to bring in The God Damn Bat Cow...

The Thing about Morrison run, i am just being polite about it... The thing i don't admit is i don't really like it overall. Stop keep on useing Morrison run in Batman... I am 38 issues in in Tom King run and we are back to Talia Al Ghul. Talia was actually the most harmless person on the world until character assassinated by Morrison and forced down our throuts as the most dangerous woman on earth...

And on That Tom King with his extra ridiculousness or one might say ''Satire'' about sword use in Ra's Al Ghul adventures... Talia walked around saying only the word ''Sword'' over and over again was so ridiculous, why did Tom King try to make everything decent in Batman look ridiculous while he was trying to make something ridiculous in Batman like Kite Man, serious ? What is wrong with you, dude ? what were you trying to accomplesh here ?

I learned Alfred would die in further parts... This is on its own make Tom King Run a fail for me. Such a cheap stunt to sell comics.

Please, no more Morrison stuff in Batman, i don't want to see anything about Morrison run anymore. Unless someone kills Batcow in a horrible way. It must be in a horrible way, even the Thought of it... (:
Old 10-18-2022, 09:16 AM   #83
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do not know if I have mentioned this about Tom King but you do need to read The Human Target. It is 7 issues in and it is fantastic. Highly, Highly recommended.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 10:09 AM   #84
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Yeah, The Human Target looks like the Best work of Tom King. But after such a ''Satire'' Batman run, he will never be one of my favorite writers. Just write Batman seriously or ---- off from the Book. I believe this would be a good advise to future Batman writers.
Old 10-28-2022, 08:47 AM   #85
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I am at the Half of The Tom King's Batman run and Tom King is not a bad comic book writer, i will give him that. It looks like he thinks he is too cool for school though... Yeah, Batman has some really ridiculous sides and Tom King points them out one by one so brutally with his ''Satire'' in his run... Like he just points out that he is too smart for Batman. lol

Well dude, you are the one who writes Batman in the end of the day. You are just embarrasing yourself by pointing out those ridiculous parts rather than fix them like they do in the Films.
Old 11-08-2022, 01:47 PM   #86
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I am 64 issues in and i am pleasantly surprised, how Tom King tries to write Batman in a more sophisticated level than the book's average adventures. Tom King really tries to write meaningful Batman stories and as a Batman fan, this really means alot to me. I have respect for Tom King now.

Who would have guessed, they would see quotations from Sheakspeare to Fitzgerald in Batman stories. It is amazing. I really appreciate Tom King's effort to write more sophisticated Batman stories and they are not pretentious for sure, they work ! (: I am super happy. Now, i really wish Tom King's run was 100 issues long. Too bad he had to finish his run only at 85 issues but there is Batman & Catwoman mini to look forward to.

I must admit i don't know the old dialects of english. They have never thought old dialects of english in school to me in my aducation life. I bearly understand half of what anyone says in bible in that old english dialect lol Same goes for Sheakspeare as well... I owe whatever i understand from Sheakspeare to turkish translations. lol I didn't have much problem about the Sheakspeare poem quotation in Batman though because Penguin explained what the poem meant afterwards, and it was touching. Poor Pengi... It is hard to lose your love of life. Even if i didn't know Penguen had one until The Tyrant Wing adventure in the run.