Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-20-2019, 01:33 PM   #3471
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
There are two things that always stick out to me. Personally, the base is really bothering me. Just doesn’t look good at all and takes away from Skull Knight. The more I look at it, the more hideous it becomes and reminds me of SK in the Phantom of the Opera. The candles man, why lol.
I got blocked by P1 on Instagram yesterday for leaving a comment saying the flickering light effect on the candles didn't look good.

I think if the candles were not lit and they were just melted the base would look a little bit better, kinda like Malavestro's base.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #3472
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

P1 tends to tweak their statues a little bit before release so possibly some things will change slightly. They may color that rose and going by their track record we should get more than one head.
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:52 PM   #3473
BrandedSaiyan27
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Is it just me or does the ThreeZero 1/6 scale figure look better than this? I feel like his shoulder pads should be larger and angled down more.
BrandedSaiyan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #3474
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Gonna be interesting to see First4Figures SK as I believe that is going to be a 1:4 horse-less version as well, although it's based more on the modern CGI anime.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 02:09 PM   #3475
Zombiez

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandedSaiyan27 View Post
Is it just me or does the ThreeZero 1/6 scale figure look better than this? I feel like his shoulder pads should be larger and angled down more.
It's probably just you
Old 06-20-2019, 02:43 PM   #3476
BrandedSaiyan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
It's probably just you
Ha, that one was teed up for you wasn't it?

Based on the pictures I've seen, sculpt-wise the Prime 1 looks inferior. One observation, his legs seem pretty skinny compared to his appearance in the manga, shoulders should be wider, shoulder pads need to be angled down more, spikes on the pads look too long and skinny and also need to be angled down more. Just saying compared to the rest of the line this reveal has disappointed me the most. Not to say that it's not a good piece, but as someone very invested in this line I'm hoping the horse version addresses some of those concerns.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:01 PM   #3477
Zombiez

Quote:
Ha, that one was teed up for you wasn't it?

Based on the pictures I've seen, sculpt-wise the Prime 1 looks inferior. One observation, his legs seem pretty skinny compared to his appearance in the manga, shoulders should be wider, shoulder pads need to be angled down more, spikes on the pads look too long and skinny and also need to be angled down more. Just saying compared to the rest of the line this reveal has disappointed me the most. Not to say that it's not a good piece, but as someone very invested in this line I'm hoping the horse version addresses some of those concerns.
LOL... man the crazy people you meet on the internet.

I love this piece i don't see any of those criticisms, the only piece that has let me down in this line has been isidro and ubik and i still have those on pre-order. I look forward to getting this skull knight and skull knight on horse... but to each his own.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #3478
BrandedSaiyan27

Quote:
LOL... man the crazy people you meet on the internet.

I love this piece i don't see any of those criticisms, the only piece that has let me down in this line has been isidro and ubik and i still have those on pre-order. I look forward to getting this skull knight and skull knight on horse... but to each his own.

Like I said it's a good piece, however there's a certain level of likeness to source material I've come to expect from Prime 1. I think they're leaders in the industry and imo this piece could benefit from a few tweaks. I don't usually nitpick but SK is one of my favorite characters next to Guts and I'd like to see my favorite company do him justice. I'm not trying to change your opinion just stating my thoughts, if you don't like them there's no need for name calling. I think I'm being pretty civil with you but here you are calling me crazy.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #3479
Zombiez

Quote:
Like I said it's a good piece, however there's a certain level of likeness to source material I've come to expect from Prime 1. I think they're leaders in the industry and imo this piece could benefit from a few tweaks. I don't usually nitpick but SK is one of my favorite characters next to Guts and I'd like to see my favorite company do him justice. I'm not trying to change your opinion just stating my thoughts, if you don't like them there's no need for name calling. I think I'm being pretty civil with you but here you are calling me crazy.
lol i'm just joking i mean you have the right to your perception i just don't see it.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:19 PM   #3480
BrandedSaiyan27

Thumbs up

Quote:
lol i'm just joking i mean you have the right to your perception i just don't see it.
Gotcha. Well either way this is an exciting time for us Berserk collectors and I'm happy to see Prime 1 pumping out more Berserk!