Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

» Spotlight
DGK Prime 1 Kong Vs Skull Crawler DGK First 4 Figures Ornstein Exclusive DGK Gentle Giant SW Clone Trooper Upcoming Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #411
Quicksilver
Hawkeye
 
Quicksilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Dragonzord
Posts: 6,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian R. View Post
Perfect! Thanks for the info. The base cards are about as inexpensive as they're ever going to get now, so I'm going to pick and choose a few of my favorites.
enjoy!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:20 AM   #412
Brian R.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
Brian R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 884
Just checked out your pics. Wow! What an awesome set. I'll have to buy a few more now lol! My favorite from the set has to be Man-Thing. He's never been done in Masterpieces before, and I think he looks perfect. A close second is Tiger Shark. One of my favorite characters from the old Sub-Mariner comic.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #413
Quicksilver
Hawkeye
 
Quicksilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Dragonzord
Posts: 6,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian R. View Post
Just checked out your pics. Wow! What an awesome set. I'll have to buy a few more now lol! My favorite from the set has to be Man-Thing. He's never been done in Masterpieces before, and I think he looks perfect. A close second is Tiger Shark. One of my favorite characters from the old Sub-Mariner comic.
thanks it is indeed a fabulous set, I waited quite a while because the price for a complete set is pretty insane, but eventually I had to go for it, this is a once in a life time quality set that cant be passed on, and Joe is too good

man-thing and tiger shark do look fantastic and perfectly classic just how I like it. I dont think tiger shark has been done in a masterpieces set before either?

By the time you decide all the singles you want, if its close enough to the cost of getting a complete base set you should just get the base set, the base set isnt too crazy right now, the hardest cards to get are the #82-90 cards but those are never included in the average base set
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:46 PM   #414
Brian R.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
Brian R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 884
Tiger Shark has not been done before, no. I just ordered about a dozen of these, mostly characters that Joe never did in the 1992 set. Giant-Man, Wasp, Werewolf by Night etc.. Bonus that these are some of the less expensive ones! The only ones that I can't get for a good price are Captain Marvel and Jean Grey, both of which I'll have to either keep looking for, or pay quite a bit for them.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:50 PM   #415
Quicksilver
Hawkeye
 
Quicksilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Dragonzord
Posts: 6,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian R. View Post
Tiger Shark has not been done before, no. I just ordered about a dozen of these, mostly characters that Joe never did in the 1992 set. Giant-Man, Wasp, Werewolf by Night etc.. Bonus that these are some of the less expensive ones! The only ones that I can't get for a good price are Captain Marvel and Jean Grey, both of which I'll have to either keep looking for, or pay quite a bit for them.
best of luck to you on your quest tracking down the cards you want is part of the fun
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:46 PM   #416
Brian R.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
Brian R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
best of luck to you on your quest tracking down the cards you want is part of the fun
I know, right? Going into a card shop and finding the last card you need after searching for weeks is a fantastic feeling.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #417
Brian R.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
Brian R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 884
Just found out IDW publishing is releasing the entire set in book form, featuring every card from the set, including premium cards! As a bonus, Joe has apparently painted 10 new pieces for the book. Man, I cannot wait for this. I only bought a limited number of the cards because of the cost, but I'll be all over this! I just hope a few of the new paintings include the Fantastic Four, now that Disney has purchased Fox, there shouldn't be any reason not to include them.
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:09 PM   #418
Brian R.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
Brian R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Winnipeg, Canada
Posts: 884
Just read on another sire that the 10 new paintings will be: The Thng, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Galactus, Firelord, Killraven, Ulik, Viper/Madame Hydra, The Gladiator (DD villain), and Valkyrie. The Mr. Fantastic card that was pulled from the set at the last minute will also be included, along with A Captian America card that didn't get approval from Marvel, and a Magneto/Apocalypse battle card. Fantastic news!
Brian R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 01:00 AM   #419
KELPIE
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.
 
KELPIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Land Downunder
Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian R. View Post
Just read on another sire that the 10 new paintings will be: The Thng, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Galactus, Firelord, Killraven, Ulik, Viper/Madame Hydra, The Gladiator (DD villain), and Valkyrie. The Mr. Fantastic card that was pulled from the set at the last minute will also be included, along with A Captian America card that didn't get approval from Marvel, and a Magneto/Apocalypse battle card. Fantastic news!
Great news. I'll grab this for sure.

I'll never get a Death's Head picture it seems
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 06:03 PM   #420
Quicksilver
Hawkeye
 
Quicksilver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Dragonzord
Posts: 6,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian R. View Post
Just read on another sire that the 10 new paintings will be: The Thng, The Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Galactus, Firelord, Killraven, Ulik, Viper/Madame Hydra, The Gladiator (DD villain), and Valkyrie. The Mr. Fantastic card that was pulled from the set at the last minute will also be included, along with A Captian America card that didn't get approval from Marvel, and a Magneto/Apocalypse battle card. Fantastic news!
awesome news, so glad to see the FF will be included, its not marvel masterpieces without the FF

I hope they release these new paintings as actual cards one day...
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com