Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

» Spotlight
DGK Damtoys Styracosaurus Green Bust DGK Damtoys Carnotaurus Green Bust DGK Prime 1 Kin. Robin Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2018, 04:00 PM   #11
WalkerFodder
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.
 
WalkerFodder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 701
I'd be interested me-self.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 04:23 PM   #12
nameivom
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
nameivom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: West Coast
Posts: 278
This would be very interesting to see. If they ever get the license I am down to order.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 05:18 PM   #13
Chewit
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
Chewit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 94
Done right, I would order a MM statue in a heartbeat
Chewit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:09 PM   #14
omigeo
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...
 
omigeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,477
Omygosh, that would be awesome. Especially if they did Max Rockatansky...I loved Mel
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 09:43 PM   #15
Stiler
U talkin' to me?
 
Stiler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 519
I would love a Mad Max statue, but I would VASTLY prefer a Mel Gibson Mad Max statue, specifically one based on this picture from Road Warrior:



Definitely needs to include Dog as well.
Stiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:00 PM   #16
Shoo
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Shoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 6,164
Guys, it's not only Mel that doesn't want statues made of him - director and producer George Miller is not interested in having any merchandise licensed, either, and apparently what he says, goes. Much as I would like to see Rockatansky in polystone form, it's just a pipe dream at the moment.

Also, I'm afraid if you guys want your voice heard as far as Prime 1 is concerned, your only option is letting them know on their Facebook and Instagram sites. I really don't think they ever visit us any more.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:19 AM   #17
Barbarian
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Barbarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sin City, NV
Posts: 26,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
I would love a Mad Max statue, but I would VASTLY prefer a Mel Gibson Mad Max statue, specifically one based on this picture from Road Warrior:


Definitely needs to include Dog as well.
Yeah, I asked for that exact image to be reproduced in statue form many years ago. Zero dice. That would be the ultimate though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Guys, it's not only Mel that doesn't want statues made of him - director and producer George Miller is not interested in having any merchandise licensed, either, and apparently what he says, goes. Much as I would like to see Rockatansky in polystone form, it's just a pipe dream at the moment.

Also, I'm afraid if you guys want your voice heard as far as Prime 1 is concerned, your only option is letting them know on their Facebook and Instagram sites. I really don't think they ever visit us any more.
I know that Miller hasn't ever shown interest in merchandising, but I don't know if he ever flat out refused to allow production. I hope someone can break him. I don't give a damn about action figures, but would love to see these characters pro captured in the fine art of statuary. Maybe if it's a higher class of merchandise, he'll fold? I dunno. Maybe not. I certainly wish.

Also, like I said, I was told by the actor that played a major character (unforgettable) that Mel was the holdout on any possible merchandising. Not sure about the details involved, but he did blame Mel directly.

I don't do Facebook or Instagram, so that won't work for me. I just like to scream out loudly in the middle of the wasteland.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #18
Shoo
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Shoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 6,164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
I know that Miller hasn't ever shown interest in merchandising, but I don't know if he ever flat out refused to allow production.
As far as I know, he's very much against it, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
I just like to scream out loudly in the middle of the wasteland.
I bet that looks very cool when done in a V8 Interceptor.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:12 PM   #19
Barbarian
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Barbarian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sin City, NV
Posts: 26,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
As far as I know, he's very much against it, too.
Loosen it up, Georgie!!! We wants statues of the fine films you formulate!!! I'm not talkin' toys here. I'm talking fine art!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I bet that looks very cool when done in a V8 Interceptor.
I don't know how cool it looks, but it feels great!

And yes, I do drive a fast car, Tracey Chapman. REALLY FAST!
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #20
MATthemes
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
 
MATthemes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 54
Love to see Immortan Joe and Capable (she is hot) in a 1/4 scale line.
MATthemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com