Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-19-2019, 10:59 PM   #51
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
Hows that? Aquaman just crossed the billion dollar mark, the dceu is anything but dead. The "snyderverse" that darkseid was planned for is dead but im sure he will be back in another at some point
No more plans to do shared universe movies with JL members. The article also said Affleck and Cavill were officially out, but seems to have edited that out, so who knows.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/cosmicb...ceu-dead%3famp

Again, this applies to JL and not other characters. Really a bummer since Affleck could have exited the Batman role gracefully after a 2nd JL movie. The wait for Darkseid on the big screen continues...
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:12 PM   #52
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
It's going to take a while for the DCEU to claw back the American audience they a listen to critcs (such as RT) and are persauded by them to easy. Now us fans dont listen to that crap we like the trailer we go and watch it but for a movie to do those numbers you have to win that general movie going audience. DCEU is doing that. Domestic justice league made 229m aquaman has hit the 300m mark domestic and is still showing.
I think I’ve said this before, but honestly I didn’t really find too much fault with the critic reviews. Most of the problems I had with the movie appear to be very much the same that they wrote in their reviews. Reviews that I didn’t look at until after I watched it the first time. Heck I enjoyed it more the second time around.

I liked the film, but in all honesty the script could’ve been better. In the end it was a fun and enjoyable experience at the cinema, and that’s all I wanted. And going by international box office numbers outside the US, that’s all the general audience wants. Same thing for Venom.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:53 AM   #53
M United
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I think I’ve said this before, but honestly I didn’t really find too much fault with the critic reviews. Most of the problems I had with the movie appear to be very much the same that they wrote in their reviews. Reviews that I didn’t look at until after I watched it the first time. Heck I enjoyed it more the second time around.

I liked the film, but in all honesty the script could’ve been better. In the end it was a fun and enjoyable experience at the cinema, and that’s all I wanted. And going by international box office numbers outside the US, that’s all the general audience wants. Same thing for Venom.
I agree mostly and the movies have been improving and getting better (ignoring JL because the reshoots from WB destroyed that movie). I think all of us can agree that the writing in the movies overall needed to be better and needs to be better in all future movies.

But you have some really bad critics that should not be anywhere near puting their reviews like a complaint of aquaman for example to much water i mean come on seriously you are taking the piss here just give a proper review because they all count in someones decision to watch the movie or not. Or people who like Roch from collider who likes transformers and ants playing drums but has issues with an octupus playing drums. Film is subjective but be fair that is your job as a critic.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 03:45 AM   #54
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by M United View Post
I agree mostly and the movies have been improving and getting better (ignoring JL because the reshoots from WB destroyed that movie). I think all of us can agree that the writing in the movies overall needed to be better and needs to be better in all future movies.

But you have some really bad critics that should not be anywhere near puting their reviews like a complaint of aquaman for example to much water i mean come on seriously you are taking the piss here just give a proper review because they all count in someones decision to watch the movie or not. Or people who like Roch from collider who likes transformers and ants playing drums but has issues with an octupus playing drums. Film is subjective but be fair that is your job as a critic.
I barely even noticed the Octopus, as that was more of a gift for old fans of the character. What annoyed me far more were what Aquaman and Mera did when they were both extremely busy fighting in the final fight; and the disappearance and sudden reappearance of the third character involved in the recovery of the Trident. That third character should’ve been used to help Willem Dafoe’s character at the end, rather than Mera, instead of coming back in a new outfit. As much as I enjoyed the movie, this is what editing and minor reshoots are for.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:58 AM   #55
M United
The Spirit

Yep the octopus was a easter egg to the comics its Aquamans pet and you know what you can not like it film is subjective but you cant like an ant playing drums if you dont like an octopus playing drums. Sorry that is biased. This was just one example of the issues with critics im not picking on this one guy.

Aquaman did have some issues like you said which is why the film getrs a 7 out of 10 for me. Overlall it was good movie.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:33 AM   #56
gamegod2x
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

anyone have any new video on this piece? I want to see him next to other statues for size comparisons.
gamegod2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:58 PM   #57
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamegod2x View Post
anyone have any new video on this piece? I want to see him next to other statues for size comparisons.
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:00 PM   #58
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Did anyone actually get this? I was wondering what the base dimensions are.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #59
SONICobra
Batman

i wanted to but the height (35") makes it difficult to display, thats taller than any of my 1/3 scale pieces
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:02 PM   #60
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I saw posts people saying he's basically 1/3 scale...because he's not that much bigger in game.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote