I’m dying to see what it is...it’s not loading on my phone

EDIT: Now it works. Love me some Family Guy
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:05 PM   #25263
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Armitage, Vracula, Near Mint, I'm going to need you gents to tone it down because I can't be laughing this hard at my desk at work. The previous 1.5 pages are pure gold.

Almost spit out my water on this one.

Oh and we don't want your genitals, we want your bank account. #staywoke
Well that's a relief since I was generously blessed with genitals and cursed with a serious lack of fiscal sense. If I only I could have gone pro with lap dancing I'd have made some serious bank and could have retired at this point.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:57 AM   #25264
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
The Car (1977) - 0/10

Well, I found it .... the absolute worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Caught this one last night on Svengoolie
& just couldn't believe my eyes it was so bad. Had a couple beers & stuck it through.

Nah! Not so fast.... Obviously you've never seen "Yor, the Hunter from the Future". It's sooooooo bad that it makes "The Car" look like "The Godfather". Of course it does feature the 1979 Captain America (TV) Reb Brown. Say what you will, but at least it was popular enough for ERTL to have released a 1/18th scale die-cast replica of "The Car" (Designed by George Barris, of '66 Batmobile fame).
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:42 AM   #25265
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWorf View Post
Nah! Not so fast.... Obviously you've never seen "Yor, the Hunter from the Future". It's sooooooo bad that it makes "The Car" look like "The Godfather". Of course it does feature the 1979 Captain America (TV) Reb Brown. Say what you will, but at least it was popular enough for ERTL to have released a 1/18th scale die-cast replica of "The Car" (Designed by George Barris, of '66 Batmobile fame).

LOL - Within the past 2 years, I've purchased the "Special Edition" release of Yor, The Hunter From the Future" and .... believe it or not, have probably watched it 3-4 times. Yor falls into the So-bad-its-good catagory for me. The Car? just so-bad. Yeah, I saw that George Barris designed The Car. Not his best work.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 03:11 AM   #25266
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post

LOL - Within the past 2 years, I've purchased the "Special Edition" release of Yor, The Hunter From the Future" and .... believe it or not, have probably watched it 3-4 times. Yor falls into the So-bad-its-good catagory for me. The Car? just so-bad. Yeah, I saw that George Barris designed The Car. Not his best work.
Alllllll righty then! Me? I'll take my chances with "The Car". This was me watching "Yor".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a_clockwork_orange_torture2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	124078  
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:03 AM   #25267
ukshaun
Hercules

Justice League
3/10 - the Aquaman scene's helped lift the movie.

It’s taken me a while to get around to watching this. I liked it more than Batman vs Superman, but that isn’t saying much. Compared to Wonder Woman and Aquaman, it failed to compare. While the story wasn’t up to much, one of biggest issues I had with the film was the over processed picture quality, which made the film look dated compared to an Avengers film for example. There are many (nearly all) scenes where it is obvious the actors are working against a green screen, as they look overlaid, detached from their surroundings. This is one area DC need to up their game. I guess it’s cost cutting move, not to mention time cutting move, not to have to build sets or transport the cast to a location far away.

Deadpool 2
3/10 Story
9/10 Jokes and everything else (bar the story)

Just watched this for 4th time. I’m no fan of the story, i love it for the jokes, and the level of nut’s that is Deadpool
I can't wait for Deadpool 3 to arrive.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 04:44 AM   #25268
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Justice League

It’s taken me a while to get around to watching this. I liked it more than Batman vs Superman, but that isn’t saying much. Compared to Wonder Woman and Aquaman, it failed to compare. While the story wasn’t up to much, one of biggest issues I had with the film was the over processed picture quality, which made the film look dated compared to an Avengers film for example. There are many (nearly all) scenes where it is obvious the actors are working against a green screen, as they look overlaid, detached from their surroundings. This is one area DC need to up their game. I guess it’s cost cutting move, not to mention time cutting move, not to have to build sets or transport the cast to a location far away.
The overly processed look probably couldn't be avoided since Whedon re-shot much of the movie and had to complete it in time for its release date. (Warner didn't delay it despite all the production and real-life woes.) I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder, but his version couldn't have been worse than Whedon's atrocity, which sucked both visually and narratively.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:53 AM   #25269
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Diego Maradona 10/10

A true hero to the Welsh, Irish and Scots.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 07:50 AM   #25270
Rom-El
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
The overly processed look probably couldn't be avoided since Whedon re-shot much of the movie and had to complete it in time for its release date. (Warner didn't delay it despite all the production and real-life woes.) I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder, but his version couldn't have been worse than Whedon's atrocity, which sucked both visually and narratively.
They also put an orange tinge to the end part of the movie which just adds to the woefulness of it all.

I agree that whatever flaws Zack's would've had, it at least would have been quality filmmaking from a technical standpoint and I just know it would've been a more interesting story. It would've definitely been better than what we got. It couldn't have done worse at the box office either. Whedon and WB ripped it apart and made it look and feel cheap. Even if they didn't want a JL2, they should've let Zack finish JL1 his way. If it was for "course correction" then it achieved nothing. If it was for something uplifting, it only led DC fans to despair.
Rom-El is offline   Reply With Quote