Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 07-03-2016, 09:03 PM   #11
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quick DST review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llPwmtS_7uU

Like the halloween theme, hopefully they'll reveal Catwoman soon to complete the BTAS Gotham City Sirens set.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:34 PM   #12
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

I love the sculpt and shiny paint for the body. However, the hand on the hip looks bad and the hair paint looks sloppy, even on this show piece. I may pick this up down the line at my LCS (so I can inspect it first) to go with the DC Designer Series Harley. I'm more than satisfied with DST's amazing Femme Fatales Ivy for now. Spider-Gwen looks great though! Thanks for sharing these vids.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #13
Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I love the sculpt and shiny paint for the body. However, the hand on the hip looks bad and the hair paint looks sloppy, even on this show piece. I may pick this up down the line at my LCS (so I can inspect it first) to go with the DC Designer Series Harley. I'm more than satisfied with DST's amazing Femme Fatales Ivy for now. Spider-Gwen looks great though! Thanks for sharing these vids.
No worries jadekite22, was looking for reviews of DST's DC Animated resin busts then i came across these.

Yes to me their Premier statues seems to fit more with Mr. Moore's classic Witchblade, Fathom, & Aphrodite IX statues while the FF line's straight out of the cartoons.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #14
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
No worries jadekite22, was looking for reviews of DST's DC Animated resin busts then i came across these.

Yes to me their Premier statues seems to fit more with Mr. Moore's classic Witchblade, Fathom, & Aphrodite IX statues while the FF line's straight out of the cartoons.
Agreed. The PVC used for the Fatales works really well for the curvy designs from the earlier episodes (I actually liked Batgirl more than the original Batsignal statue Bruce Timm designed.) I'm hoping the Premier Catwoman will be based on the New Adventures, just because it's underrepresented in the collectibles market, but am looking forward to its reveal either way.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #15
Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
Agreed. The PVC used for the Fatales works really well for the curvy designs from the earlier episodes (I actually liked Batgirl more than the original Batsignal statue Bruce Timm designed.) I'm hoping the Premier Catwoman will be based on the New Adventures, just because it's underrepresented in the collectibles market, but am looking forward to its reveal either way.
So true, excellent idea! A switch out unmasked Selina Kyle portrait would be a bonus too.
Old 07-08-2016, 02:49 PM   #16
RobinBear177
Frackin!

I have every one of the animated busts out now except regular joker cause I got the entertainment part exclusive but I can vouch that they are extremely well made and awesome to display. I have Bane and Robin busts arriving today. Honestly too you can usually find them for around $40 - $45 shipped if you wait and look long enough. I even got a couple of them for $30 shipped. Also bought Catwoman from Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash eBay store and asked if it was possible to get it signed. She showed up and to my surprise Walt and Mike actually did sign it. Can't wait for Phantasm, all the dark knight returns, scarecrow, man bat, and the new SDCC ones. Sorry for the long message but if you haven't checked them out they're definitely worth the time and money.
RobinBear177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #17
Griffon

Thumbs up

Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely consider it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBear177 View Post
I have every one of the animated busts out now except regular joker cause I got the entertainment part exclusive but I can vouch that they are extremely well made and awesome to display. I have Bane and Robin busts arriving today. Honestly too you can usually find them for around $40 - $45 shipped if you wait and look long enough. I even got a couple of them for $30 shipped. Also bought Catwoman from Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash eBay store and asked if it was possible to get it signed. She showed up and to my surprise Walt and Mike actually did sign it. Can't wait for Phantasm, all the dark knight returns, scarecrow, man bat, and the new SDCC ones. Sorry for the long message but if you haven't checked them out they're definitely worth the time and money.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #18
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thanks indeed. I picked up the Catwoman bust. I may get more, but I'm just starting with this because I like the design more than the full-sized Femme Fatales statue. I like that the Man-Bat and Bane ones are huge compared to the others.
Old 07-10-2016, 07:07 PM   #19
RobinBear177
Frackin!

Yeah I just got Bane and man he is awesome. I always look at the height listed when they go for preorder and most males are 6" and the females 5" but when I saw bane at 7" I was a little worried he'd look small but man he is so big lol. I love it. Second biggest behind him is Two Face. I'm sure Man Bat and Phantasm will be almost as big as Bane. I just can't wait till they make Commissioner Gordon, Bullock, Montoya, Alfred, Batgirl, Riddler, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, and so on. I would probably buy every one they make because they have been pretty excellent so far quality wise. Only one you want to check in person is Poison Ivy. I had to get 3 before I finally received one without wonky eyes. But other than that all the rest have come pretty much perfect. You're best bet is look on amazon for GoHastings. They usually sell them the cheapest and combine shipping which is practically nothing. Best of Luck. I really can't say enough good things about these busts.
RobinBear177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:34 PM   #20
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinBear177 View Post
Yeah I just got Bane and man he is awesome. I always look at the height listed when they go for preorder and most males are 6" and the females 5" but when I saw bane at 7" I was a little worried he'd look small but man he is so big lol. I love it. Second biggest behind him is Two Face. I'm sure Man Bat and Phantasm will be almost as big as Bane. I just can't wait till they make Commissioner Gordon, Bullock, Montoya, Alfred, Batgirl, Riddler, Mad Hatter, Killer Croc, and so on. I would probably buy every one they make because they have been pretty excellent so far quality wise. Only one you want to check in person is Poison Ivy. I had to get 3 before I finally received one without wonky eyes. But other than that all the rest have come pretty much perfect. You're best bet is look on amazon for GoHastings. They usually sell them the cheapest and combine shipping which is practically nothing. Best of Luck. I really can't say enough good things about these busts.
Oh yeah, I'm definitely in once they start getting into the GCPD characters. The Animated series characters designs for them are still the definitive ones for my money. Thanks again for the tip on where to find to these!