Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 12-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #121
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Will Silvestri batman be in 1/4 scale?
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #122
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I no c SFIII Alex

~
One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:04 AM   #123
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
Well, the 400-500 price range is partly due to low number of people interested in these kits, right? You said you were expecting about 30 or so orders. So if you get (let's say) 100 pre-orders/orders on a 1/4th statue will you then lower the price even just a little bit?

What about basing the price on the number of pre-orders? Under the assumption that since we'll be giving non-refundable deposits, I assume you will be putting these kits up for pre-order before actually producing them.

Maybe you could have a fixed price for pre-orders (ex: $100 per statue) and then determine the would-be overall price of the statue after the pre-order period has ended and the total number of pre-orders has been determined. If you can, just post the possible maximum and minimum prices (for example: Minimum: $350; Maximum: $500) of the specific statue when you put it up for pre-order. This way, more people would be encouraged to pre-order so that the final price would be lower. More pre-orders for you. Less cost for the collectors/kit builders. Everybody wins.

These are all just suggestions, I'm not even sure if this is practical or if it's even legal. Please tell me what you think.
the price has to be determined beofe anyone is going to want to put down a NRD. i know i would want to know what the total cost is before i did anything liek that with any company. not saying Eric would do this, but if you made the 100 dollar deposit before knowing the set price then what if the price ends up being 1k?..

im sure Eric can figure it out what the final costs would be for a set number of pieces whether it be 30 or a 100.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:28 AM   #124
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Well, the 400-500 price range is partly due to low number of people interested in these kits, right? You said you were expecting about 30 or so orders. So if you get (let's say) 100 pre-orders/orders on a 1/4th statue will you then lower the price even just a little bit?

What about basing the price on the number of pre-orders? Under the assumption that since we'll be giving non-refundable deposits, I assume you will be putting these kits up for pre-order before actually producing them.

Maybe you could have a fixed price for pre-orders (ex: $100 per statue) and then determine the would-be overall price of the statue after the pre-order period has ended and the total number of pre-orders has been determined. If you can, just post the possible maximum and minimum prices (for example: Minimum: $350; Maximum: $500) of the specific statue when you put it up for pre-order. This way, more people would be encouraged to pre-order so that the final price would be lower. More pre-orders for you. Less cost for the collectors/kit builders. Everybody wins.

These are all just suggestions, I'm not even sure if this is practical or if it's even legal. Please tell me what you think.
Completely agree, and your post makes perfect sense.
If I can sell a bit more then it makes sense to lower the prices.
You are right
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #125
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Will Silvestri batman be in 1/4 scale?
That would LOVE that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Completely agree, and your post makes perfect sense.
If I can sell a bit more then it makes sense to lower the prices.
You are right
StarLord well you
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #126
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Read the posts below from Erick. Makes perfect sense to me. As for personal attacks, well I had a long rant typed out, but I decided to send you a PM. I won't muck up this thread trying to defend myself against them. It would just start a flame war.
I wish more members would take their complaints / disagreements with members to PMs instead of airing it out publicly on the forum.
Old 12-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #127
king_marvel
The Herculoids

Happy to see the Captain Marvel(Shazam) is on the lists!
king_marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:11 AM   #128
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
the price has to be determined beofe anyone is going to want to put down a NRD. i know i would want to know what the total cost is before i did anything liek that with any company. not saying Eric would do this, but if you made the 100 dollar deposit before knowing the set price then what if the price ends up being 1k?..

im sure Eric can figure it out what the final costs would be for a set number of pieces whether it be 30 or a 100.
That's why I specifically said, he can post (if legally possible) the minimum and maximum price range (for example: minimum: $350; maximum: 500) instead of the final price. It wouldn't go as high as 1k since Erick himself said the price range would be 400-500. Please read and try to understand all the contents of the post before you disagree.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #129
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
That's why I specifically said, he can post (if legally possible) the minimum and maximum price range (for example: minimum: $350; maximum: 500) instead of the final price. It wouldn't go as high as 1k since Erick himself said the price range would be 400-500. Please read and try to understand all the contents of the post before you disagree.
Thanks guys, please let's not argue over this, let's keeps it cool and civil
I think Cranky is on to something. Maybe instead of guessing I can just say I need say 20 people to make this happen at this price, and that is it. I also think I am catering to an audience that is not used to buying custom statues and that is ok. So no problem there.
If this takes off it does if not I'll move on and I am fine with it.
Thanks everyone for your feedback.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:43 AM   #130
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

If we selll more after the initial 20 ( for example )
even better.