Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-22-2014, 08:42 AM   #11
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMr_IRock View Post
Damn when I got it I paid 170 bucks when it was released, but with a great sculpt and high demand, the price will go high.

I passed on the koto colossus for the Bowen version ( I picked it up for 89 bucks as a steal)...but it had one scuff on it, but over the years I regret not getting that koto colossus. Its up in the 400 to 500 range, and that's passed the budget, I only went over that when I got Mr Sinister.
Mr. Sinister is a good exception to make.

So is Colossus, but you should be able to get him between $300-400.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
It's amazing what collectors consider deals. While it may be cheaper than the norm, It's still pretty extreme to me. I guess it depends on frame of mind.
$450 for a statue that's the quintessential representation of Jim Lee's Magneto is a small price to pay in my mind. If you don't think of it based on what it retailed for and think of it more in line with how the statue is valued compared to other statues of magneto out there this one's a no brainer at even double it's value.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:10 PM   #13
tonytiger
The X-Men

Thanks for all the great comments,this is the most I've paid for a Statue or anything else collectible.Also, it's New in the box.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #14
dajuice
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
Thanks for all the great comments,this is the most I've paid for a Statue or anything else collectible.Also, it's New in the box.
If you are in to statue collecting, it won't be your last piece that you will be paying an arm and a leg for. The Koto Magneto was my first that I thought I was crazy to pay so much for and I said it will be my last. Then came the Sideshow PF Lara Croft ($600 cha-ching) and then the PCS Sagat ($650 cha-ching). Anway you got a great piece.
dajuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #15
dechirico7
The Flash

This is the best Magneto piece on the market. Great action and produced well. I know Bowen has their new action Magneto, but I like the physique on the Koto one more. And I think there is more aggression in this piece, which is what Mags is known for.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:36 PM   #16
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I do need to pick this one and Gambit up at some point. I have Psylocke and Archangel which are fantastic. I'm only getting the characters that will complement Sideshow's X-Men vs. Sentinel diorama pieces so I can turn into one large dio. I was so bummed that they cancelled Rogue. Hopefully they will reinstate and add a few more Danger room X-Men like Phoenix, Storm and Nightcrawler.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:54 PM   #17
Walls
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I would pay that much for it as well, fantastic statue!
Walls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:08 AM   #18
tsrjaa
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
New guy here and I just bit the bullet on this at a whopping price of 467.78 shipped! Did I over paid? And their is only 2 on e-steal for 600.00+ and on Amazon For 1500.00! What do you guys feel about this?
I found Magneto on Amazon recently for $399.99 +$11 for shipping. I jumped all over it! Couldn't believe I found it for such a low price.
tsrjaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:11 AM   #19
Shin Metsu88
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsrjaa View Post
I found Magneto on Amazon recently for $399.99 +$11 for shipping. I jumped all over it! Couldn't believe I found it for such a low price.
There's a shop down the street from my house he's got him for 250 and he's been there for at least 3 months now.
Shin Metsu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:42 AM   #20
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

If anyone has a line of a good price for him ($400 or less) shoot me a note. I think the market for these has experienced a temporary bump. Right now I'm planning to get the XM Magneto so won't lose any sleep if I pass on it for the time being.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote