Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-15-2020, 01:41 AM   #11
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
so will a person no longer be able to purchase items on eBay and pay with PayPal any more? Or if you are selling something on eBay will the funds no longer go through PayPal?
From what I read Paypal will still be an option on eBay along with Ebay's new payment system...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:40 AM   #12
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think they would need it as an option to pay with or they are cutting their own throat. They can force sellers to this but buyers not so much or another auction site will rise to the top since ebay has gone from charging sellers 1 or 2% fees when I started to now charging 10%. They even started jacking sellers a few years ago on charging them 10% of the shipping fees as well. Sell something heavy over seas and you can end up losing quite a bit on a sale. I can see some of that as people were selling things for a penny and charging 100$ in shipping to avoid fees. An easy fix to this would be just charge that fee if you didn’t buy your shipping right from eBay as they can see what you are paying then instead of screwing everyone. Comes down to greed.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:08 AM   #13
risingstar
Jedi Order

I just sold a Bowen bust on eBay and didn't hear a peep about this new pay system. I actually prefer PayPal as I typically keep some cash in there to pay for other things. Also, as an International, keeping cash in US funds has become convenient.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 09:25 AM   #14
moon_knight1971
Rescue

I hate this new system...I was forced to sign up about 2 months ago...sold a few things and have had nothing but issues...with PayPal I saw an immediate credit to my account when the client paid and because PayPal is fully insured there was little risk in shipping items immediately. Current system goes into an ebay "float" account and can take 2-5 days to actually post to your account. So if you are a part time or small time seller on ebay, you literally have to use existing or personal funds to cover the sale until ebay decides to credit you. A few steps backwards as far as I'm concerned
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:08 AM   #15
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

thanks for responding about the Ebay new pay system

I have been selling some of my statues all throughout the summer on Ebay and I do not ever remember to sign up for another pay service but it is possible that I just did not pay attention.

Not that it could not be done but I would hope that Ebay would not expect everyone to switch over to the new payment system. Considering how many multi millions of people are using the current system I think that it would be a huge pain in the butt not only for the consumer but for Ebay as well.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:16 PM   #16
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

They haven’t forced it on all...yet. I hear it’s coming though. So far I haven’t seen anything on it myself.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:48 PM   #17
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
So if you are a part time or small time seller on ebay, you literally have to use existing or personal funds to cover the sale until ebay decides to credit you. A few steps backwards as far as I'm concerned
So basically, small time sellers are getting screwed over big time. Looks like I'm taking my business to Mercari.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 04:47 PM   #18
craigcliff1
Zot

Ebay email was like this, to sell on ebay as of 15th you have to join.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 05:51 PM   #19
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
So if you are a part time or small time seller on ebay, you literally have to use existing or personal funds to cover the sale until ebay decides to credit you. A few steps backwards as far as I'm concerned
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's not how it works. You don't have to cover anything with personal funds. If there is a dispute they hold that amount on your pending credits.
MisterJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:46 PM   #20
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
Unless I'm misunderstanding you, that's not how it works. You don't have to cover anything with personal funds. If there is a dispute they hold that amount on your pending credits.
Perhaps I didn't word it correctly...Basically when paid through ebay's new system it goes into your credit queue. The funds there are not touchable until it actually posts to your checking or savings account which is 24-72 business hours later. In my scenario, if I make a sale, ebay sends a notification that says "ready to ship" but those funds are not accessible for those 24-72 hours so I have to pay using my connected checking account for shipping for instance
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote