Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #211
J Storm
Birdman

I thought if I changed my IPaddress I could get back but I'm still banned. I wonder if I should use the chick magnet name of Tony Coca to get the point across?
Old 05-16-2007, 07:18 PM   #212
J Storm
Birdman

Let it known that this piece is sold out & I think those on the wait list will be waiting FOREVER! I also posted a comment sideshow about it. Let's hope I don't get censored there too.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #213
polystoner
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameshowlett View Post
OMG! I just read some of that bs over there, come one girls!! Sexuality is a God given thing to be celebrated. These woman seem to think thats a bad thing.
Nah, I don't think that is it. I think they over there think that sexuality is okay, even a woman "displaying/flaunting" her sexuality is okay. It is female empowerment right? The sexual revolution was about power and choice and identity and a woman's right to express that however she feels. Which is why they are so strangely silent about Emma's comiquette. There is no context to Emma's portrayal. She's just sticking it out there.

I think the thing that seems to pi$$ them off is that MJ is DOING LAUNDRY. Here we have another sexualized woman doing a DOMESTIC chore historically and culturally ASSIGNED to women. So it must be misogyny because it must be a representation of what cavemen collectors like us really want! That is what seems to chap their hides. That and the pearl necklace.

As, I said in a previous post, just give me my MJ so I can rub, I mean display, her in peace!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:06 PM   #214
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by polystoner View Post
As, I said in a previous post, just give me my MJ so I can rub, I mean display, her in peace!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 PM   #215
CocoPUFF
ROT Minister Of Defense

the ny post is like the enquirer anyways...
Old 05-16-2007, 09:43 PM   #216
Gatack
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I made my opinion known to the Marvel licensing debt. on Marvel's site (in an intelligent and well written manner of course). This is 100% garbage and I'm going to be really pissed if I don't get my MJ.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #217
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by polystoner View Post
Nah, I don't think that is it. I think they over there think that sexuality is okay, even a woman "displaying/flaunting" her sexuality is okay. It is female empowerment right? The sexual revolution was about power and choice and identity and a woman's right to express that however she feels. Which is why they are so strangely silent about Emma's comiquette. There is no context to Emma's portrayal. She's just sticking it out there.

I think the thing that seems to pi$$ them off is that MJ is DOING LAUNDRY. Here we have another sexualized woman doing a DOMESTIC chore historically and culturally ASSIGNED to women. So it must be misogyny because it must be a representation of what cavemen collectors like us really want! That is what seems to chap their hides. That and the pearl necklace.

pearl necklace
Old 05-17-2007, 03:42 AM   #218
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Okay this has run its course. People are getting way off topic.
Closed Thread