Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #1
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Couple more questions for eBay sellers

So I am selling some stuff on eBay and have a couple question for people who sell a lot.

-Has anyone ever had something up and after the end, someone asked to buy it outside of eBay. Anything bad happen?

-I have put on my auctions that I do not sell internationally yet of course I have people asking. I have told them I do not sell unless I mark the true value of the item when I ship it. Of the few people who have asked, they all ask me to greatly reduce the value to minimize customs duties. I don't feel comfortable with that. Anyone else actually mark the value less when shipping internationally?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
So I am selling some stuff on eBay and have a couple question for people who sell a lot.

-Has anyone ever had something up and after the end, someone asked to buy it outside of eBay. Anything bad happen?

-I have put on my auctions that I do not sell internationally yet of course I have people asking. I have told them I do not sell unless I mark the true value of the item when I ship it. Of the few people who have asked, they all ask me to greatly reduce the value to minimize customs duties. I don't feel comfortable with that. Anyone else actually mark the value less when shipping internationally?
I actually am happy when someone contacts me outside of Ebay to buy an item! It saves me the Ebay fees! I don't bother with international sellers because there's a lot of extra work AND risk! IMO it's not worth the hassle.
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
Frinky
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

I've sold a bunch of stuff outside of ebay. No issues.

I ship internationally and depending on the cost of the item i'll always mark it as a gift and sometimes lower the amount to save customs fees. I've never had any problems when i did that.
Frinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
joncorr
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I will sell outside of ebay no problem> sold one guy about 20 items in one lot after he bought a couple things off ebay. If they will pay what I ask then I don't care how I sell it. Don't worry that ebay is going to find out and get you.

As to International I say no way. Too expensive, too hard to track and too many fraudulent buyers that say they never get the item and Paypal refunds the money.
Ebay looks after buyers a too much these days.
joncorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
turtlesforever
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I am one of those guys that asks to do it outside of ebay and in the past month I had 3 diffrent sellers sell me something! There really are nice people out there that know some people are not rich and let me even do payments!!
turtlesforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:15 AM   #6
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:

I dealt with people outside of ebay and had no issues at all - you still don't send it out until it's paid for - and then there is no worry that the buyer is going to give you a negative. Just make sure you get Delivery Confirmation.

Don't bother selling International - it's way too much of a hassle...

By the way - WOW on some of those items - and good luck!
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I dealt with people outside of ebay and had no issues at all - you still don't send it out until it's paid for - and then there is no worry that the buyer is going to give you a negative. Just make sure you get Delivery Confirmation.

Don't bother selling International - it's way too much of a hassle...

By the way - WOW on some of those items - and good luck!
thanks for the advice.

I have some more rare items I am putting up later this week. It's a little rough to put all of them up but I am already reaching out to some artists about getting some artwork. That should help ease the pain. After this, I am going to redo my website since toys have been such a big part of it before.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote