Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-24-2015, 11:43 AM   #521
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Why? Because of Sideshow?
Nope. It's because while Disney owns the comic book rights to the X-Men, FOX owns the movie rights.

And therefore, Disney doesn't want to give the mutants any more exposure than they have to until the movie rights are up for sale -- and they get them.

If Disney had their way, I bet they would cancel the comics too.

It's a very warped logic to screw over statue collectors because it's such a small, and expensive, area of merchandising but that's their logic. Try to kill ALL X-Men merch. And to kill the statue merch, Disney clamps down on X-Men design/creative projects that XM, SS, Koto work on making it expensive and impossible to make a statue. Hell -- Bowen stopped making statues because of this crap!

Disney killed FF. Comic and all. Mouse House is ruthless and has billions to make it happen.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:47 AM   #522
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
So Bowen is officially out of making Marvel statues now?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #523
toe
Alpha Flight

so this Cable is getting axed? because of FOX?
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 11:59 AM   #524
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
It's not official and XM asked us to keep fingers crossed as they are trying to make their case to bring it out due to the amount of time and money already put into the potential statue.

I can definitely understand why people do customs....you don't have to deal with all the red tape and political BS with licensed collectibles.

You get what you want, how you want....no answering to little black rats with cute ears.

I do want to say though....I prefer legitimate well-done licensed product over customs any day of the week....but this BS is unnerving to say the least.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:05 PM   #525
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe View Post
so this Cable is getting axed? because of FOX?
It's actually Disney making the decision to axe X-Men products.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:42 PM   #526
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
It's not official and XM asked us to keep fingers crossed as they are trying to make their case to bring it out due to the amount of time and money already put into the potential statue.

I can definitely understand why people do customs....you don't have to deal with all the red tape and political BS with licensed collectibles.

You get what you want, how you want....no answering to little black rats with cute ears.

I do want to say though....I prefer legitimate well-done licensed product over customs any day of the week....but this BS is unnerving to say the least.
I prefer licensed products too. I've seen very few complete customs built from ground up that I liked. Most look awful to me. I dont know if I'd ever commission a custom from scratch, but I'd easily commission one of these talents to "alter" a current statue. Depending on how well scale matches up to the XM Avengers, I fully plan on looking into getting the ARH Hercules and Sideshow's new Vampirella customized into Marvel Hercules and Scarlet Witch.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:43 PM   #527
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

Yea, this stuff has started making me look more at customs...

Sad because I love the look of XM's work. At least they have other licenses and stuff they are putting out.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:34 AM   #528
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

Hope Cable will make it through the MH-mill. One of XM's best designs so far and I need to have him in my collection. Waited a decade for a Cable like this. Would be a shame.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:28 AM   #529
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
If Disney had their way, I bet they would cancel the comics too.

Disney killed FF. Comic and all. Mouse House is ruthless and has billions to make it happen.
Power and money corrupt. Sweet and wholesome Disney...if they had a trillion dollars it wouldn't be enough.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:04 AM   #530
AC_808
Hercules

Now hold on, guys!

I see the word "axe" being used, but the last I heard the X-Men pieces were being put on "hold". XM used the word "hold", so when did XM use the word "axe"?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote