Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 07-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #41
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just because it's not a great likeness doesn't mean it looks nothing like her. Stop making everything black & white.

It is clearly Uma Thurman.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 02:58 AM   #42
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Just because it's not a great likeness doesn't mean it looks nothing like her. Stop making everything black & white.

It is clearly Uma Thurman.
Of course it’s black and white, Cm rate themselves at the higher end of collecting (with prices to reflect that) so they either nail the likeness or they don’t, having a resemblance isn’t good enough now days. Back in the day they could get away with lesser quality because they were unique in what they where doing (materials used and scale) but other companies have far surpassed them in all areas and some for alot less money.
Don’t get me wrong I’m no Cm hater I’ve owned 5 of their pieces over the years (not including Ecc stuff which is a different league) but I’ve always been frustrated by the unrealised potential most of their pieces have due to poor posing or passing resemblances on their likeness’ . I’ve never understood why George is always so willing to accept mediocrity over perfection when he has so much talent at his disposal
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:20 AM   #43
sharpnel
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
Of course it’s black and white, Cm rate themselves at the higher end of collecting (with prices to reflect that) so they either nail the likeness or they don’t, having a resemblance isn’t good enough now days. Back in the day they could get away with lesser quality because they were unique in what they where doing (materials used and scale) but other companies have far surpassed them in all areas and some for a less money.
Don’t get me wrong I’m no Cm hater I’ve owned 5 of their pieces over the years (not including Ecc stuff which is a different league) but I’ve always been frustrated by the unrealised potential most of their pieces have due to poor posing or passing resemblances on their likeness’ . I’ve never understood why George is always so willing to accept mediocrity over perfection when he has so much talent at his disposal
Well said. Superman was another failed attempt from CM for me. If you can't beat them, join HT and get them to sculpt. I won't accept any near likeness at this point in time.
sharpnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:37 PM   #44
fdileague
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
There’s a pic of that head in the 1st post, sorry but still looks nothing like uma imo I’d have no idea who that sculpt was ment to be if it wasn’t in the thread title.

Agreed, Nose is too long, Eyes are too narrow, Brow is not even close, the head is too long. Cinemaquette are great as long as they are not Famous Human Beings.

STILL not worth the price tags they ask.
fdileague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:22 AM   #45
ukshaun
Hercules

Chin and eye's look close to Uma Thurman. It is possibly the nose throwing the portrait off. The tip of the nose possible hangs over/down too much. The nose possibly needs to be slightly wider overall. The eyebrowse could use some work.

ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote