Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #101
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I'm just an average Punisher fan but I would love to have a Zeck Punisher piece. Would love to own artwork from the original limited series.
That would rock.. when he's in prison?

I LOVE the cover of him in the alley blazin' away with the Desert Eagles (I believe they're DEs, anyways).
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #102
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
Dell'Otto's cover were fantastic in that.

I have a DiVito page from it. Great story.

Super Skrull kicked all sorts of @ss.. and I loved his ultimate sacrifice, at the end; didn't know the character that well before that series, but you really see how much of a hero the guy is.
yeah, i wish all the art in the book was as good as the covers, i really wasn't a big fan of the style used over all....which is sad because i would love to have more good pages of SS and that mini offered more then we've had of him in the last 50 years combined
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #103
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
yeah, i wish all the art in the book was as good as the covers, i really wasn't a big fan of the style used over all....which is sad because i would love to have more good pages of SS and that mini offered more then we've had of him in the last 50 years combined
Yeah. he's underused, for sure. I like how he's not "just" tethered to the FF's powers, but has some mental powers also. I also like that he's ruthless with Torch's and Sue's abilities.

I forget .. was the whole book DiVito? I think it was various artists on the back-up stories. To each his own, but Andrea doesn't disappoint, in my book.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #104
MrYac
Hercules

i belive Greg Titus did the SS mini art, and i'm not saying it was at all bad, just not really my collecting style if that makes any sense...but heh i think i've derailed this topic too much by the awesomeness that is The Super-Skrull...my bad
Old 09-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #105
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
i belive Greg Titus did the SS mini art, and i'm not saying it was at all bad, just not really my collecting style if that makes any sense...but heh i think i've derailed this topic too much by the awesomeness that is The Super-Skrull...my bad
No worries.

Naw, there's artists out there that some people love that I don't care for at all.. everyone's tastes are different.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:36 PM   #106
MrYac
Hercules

just an added note, what i mean is i don't like his art nearly as much in B&W, the colored stuff in the book is fun and cartoony, it just kind of loses something for me without the colors
Old 09-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #107
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
just an added note, what i mean is i don't like his art nearly as much in B&W, the colored stuff in the book is fun and cartoony, it just kind of loses something for me without the colors
Yeah, I can see how some artists benefit from having their work colored.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #108
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
That would rock.. when he's in prison?

I LOVE the cover of him in the alley blazin' away with the Desert Eagles (I believe they're DEs, anyways).
Here is Jim's Zeck collection: http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=3004 Just take a look at the first five pieces. All beyond awesome.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #109
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Dell'Otto's cover were fantastic in that.

I have a DiVito page from it. Great story.

Super Skrull kicked all sorts of @ss.. and I loved his ultimate sacrifice, at the end; didn't know the character that well before that series, but you really see how much of a hero the guy is.
I really like DiVito's art, I obviously loved his WWH vs X-Men stuff but I just as much enjoyed his Annihilation work also.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #110
MrYac
Hercules

those are some great pages joe...and might i add i think this is the longest i've ever seen you guys carry on a conversation that didn't involve the hulk in some way