Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 04-09-2020, 11:33 AM   #191
ACalica917
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Come on, eBay. Bring on the Discount codes in time for Stimulus Checks.
ACalica917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 05:21 PM   #192
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACalica917 View Post
Come on, eBay. Bring on the Discount codes in time for Stimulus Checks.
Would be nice but that won't happen. eBay continues to push their credit card with a small percentage back on purchases. Also sales on the site are actually decent at this time for some sellers. The 20% off site wide coupons are a thing of the past I am afraid.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 08:03 PM   #193
ACalica917
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
Would be nice but that won't happen. eBay continues to push their credit card with a small percentage back on purchases. Also sales on the site are actually decent at this time for some sellers. The 20% off site wide coupons are a thing of the past I am afraid.
SON OF A BEARDED DRAGON! The world doesn’t want me to have nice things.
ACalica917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 01:13 PM   #194
nameivom
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACalica917 View Post
SON OF A BEARDED DRAGON! The world doesn’t want me to have nice things.
I know, right? The last 20% site wide eBay discount was at eBay's expense. Sellers got the full amount on their sold listings as eBay covered the 20% discount. Another reason why I think we won't see that again. CSR's are pushing sellers to discount their own items and some sellers are already working with extremely small margins as it is.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 05:17 PM   #195
JoeWorf
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameivom View Post
I know, right? The last 20% site wide eBay discount was at eBay's expense. Sellers got the full amount on their sold listings as eBay covered the 20% discount. Another reason why I think we won't see that again. CSR's are pushing sellers to discount their own items and some sellers are already working with extremely small margins as it is.
As I've opined in the past.... monopolies will be the end of us. As the Amazons, eBays, Walmarts, Netflix, energy companies, etc. continue to wipe out brick-and-mortar locations, gobble up smaller remaining e-competitors and consolidate power, there will be no need to offer "sales" or incentives or even "fair" prices. Why should they? They'll be "virtually" the only games in town. My way or the highway mentality (and reality). Our pending reality is, I'm afraid, until or if some new technology/concept arises that supplants existing models to shake up the mix. And even then it will ultimately be trading in the old scruffy villain for a bright, shiny new one. Meet the new boss same as the old boss. Go ahead, keep opting for convenience (and lure-you-in cheap prices) over freedom of choice and options and overlook what lies ahead... Suckers!!
JoeWorf is offline   Reply With Quote