Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-24-2017, 05:14 PM   #31
Tailgunner
Fantastic Four

Please don't do movies. Stay with the classic. As for price point Koto is starting to get up there. Vision is my limit in both price and height. Would like to see them come down to $200
Tailgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:06 PM   #32
markecho
A day without sunshine is like... night.

First off thank you and the Koto team for all the hard work and effort. I've been collecting the 1:6 statue line (Marvel and DC) and love them!

Personally I am waaay more interested in classic comic representations of the characters. I think statues are the perfect way to represent those because many of the characters wear "tights" costumes. Which is much harder to capture with a 1:6 figure. To be honest I will usually go to Hot Toys for movie or TV representation of characters.

Yes for me price has gotten a little on the high point. Not only with statues but in the general collecting market as well. The $250 is a little hard to swallow now (seeing that I paid sub $200 for many of my statues). At the $250+ price point I become much much more selective. I am almost priced out at that point.

I also like building my display around teams. So a character that will work well with other statues is a big plus. DRS and Avegners line are excellent directions. However stand alone characters like the upcoming Punisher I might get since he is also one of my favorites. Having said that though, I prefer his classic costume, so the way the current concept is going, I'd probably pass.

Wanted list:
Punisher (classic costume)
Ms. Marvel (warbird)
Cable (modern)
Storm
remember Sabertooth?

Fantastic 4

I appreciate you taking the time to get feed back from us all. Your company has a hard job and one of the biggest reasons is that the fans are the harshest critics so kudos and thanks again to all of you.
Looking forward to seeing what's coming up in the future!

By the way, off topic, your company is also killing it with the Star Wars ArtFX+ line!!!
Old 02-24-2017, 07:32 PM   #33
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Please stick with producing comic versions of the characters.

If possible complete 90's X-Men DRS, modern X-Force, & original classic Avengers (like DC's pre-Flashpoint JL).

For other new characters after Punisher i'd keep referring to gomurs thread http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=150811
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:34 PM   #34
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

I agree with everyone else here. Please stick with comic designs and don't stop making X-Men statues! Jubilee, Storm, Nightcrawler and Phoenix are sorely needed.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:08 AM   #35
Quilon
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
I'd like to get some opinions on how we should proceed with the Marvel Fine Art statue line. Would forum members be interested in seeing movie and TV characters included in this format? Has pricing gotten to a point where you rather spend your dollars elsewhere? Do you prefer stand alone releases or pieces (like the DRS) that also work together as a team? Who are your most wanted characters? Let's have a constructive conversation. Keep in mind many people, including myself, work on these products so a lot of effort goes into this.
1. Not interested in TV or movie characters.
2. No. 1/4 and 1/3 scale are getting to expensive. Would love someone to fill the lack of new 1/6 statues.
3. Either. We are pretty good at mixing and matching our statue.
4. X-men DRS can not stress how much I would love to finish this line. Storm, Iceman, Beast, Archangel, Nightcrawler and Kitty. Modern X-men Cyclops, Magik, Emma, X-23 as Wolverine or before, Fantomex and any others X-men from the comics you can think of. Everyone has a favorite mutant.
Quilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:47 AM   #36
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I would love for Kotobukiya to continue the X-MEN DRS Line. I think they are all awesome together and as a stand alone piece.

The X-MEN BLUE TEAM is almost complete so I am really anticipating for a BEAST and JUBILEE statue.

Koto already made Colossus as a part of the GOLD TEAM, so I am hoping for the line to continue. STORM, JEAN GREY, ICEMAN, BISHOP and ARCHANGEL.

and Finally... A PROFESSOR X AND 1:6 SENTINEL.. to complete the line.

THANK YOU.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:58 AM   #37
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
I would love for Kotobukiya to continue the X-MEN DRS Line. I think they are all awesome together and as a stand alone piece.

The X-MEN BLUE TEAM is almost complete so I am really anticipating for a BEAST and JUBILEE statue.

Koto already made Colossus as a part of the GOLD TEAM, so I am hoping for the line to continue. STORM, JEAN GREY, ICEMAN, BISHOP and ARCHANGEL.

and Finally... A PROFESSOR X AND 1:6 SENTINEL.. to complete the line.

THANK YOU.
Hear, hear
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:58 AM   #38
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I think the line should stay comic oriented. There are plenty of other companies making movie statues.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:04 AM   #39
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
I'd like to get some opinions on how we should proceed with the Marvel Fine Art statue line. Would forum members be interested in seeing movie and TV characters included in this format? Has pricing gotten to a point where you rather spend your dollars elsewhere? Do you prefer stand alone releases or pieces (like the DRS) that also work together as a team? Who are your most wanted characters? Let's have a constructive conversation. Keep in mind many people, including myself, work on these products so a lot of effort goes into this.
Here we go.....

-Classic style 99%. We need a fine art modern Ironman that is similar to the movies.

-Price point is fine as long as it's under 300$ and the paint apps stay steady.

NO ONE ON THIS FORUM WANTS DRS MORE THAN ME! This line started me in this hobby. I own all of them.

- Jim Lee era (90's)
1. Jubilee
2. Nightcrawler
3. Storm
4. Beast
5. Iceman

Avengers: Antman, Winter Soldier, Black Widow

We're ready
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:29 AM   #40
elvirawynter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Hey,

Thanks for asking everyone's opinions on this! Personally myself I wouldn't be interested in any movie or TV show characters in this line as it's always been comic book based and I find that is why this line is so good!

You've got a very loyal fan base here for the Fine Art series and to keep it going how it is already would be awesome.
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote