Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-19-2021, 10:57 AM   #2791
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Escape to the Chateau

My wife and I are big fans of the home remodeling shows. Last year we started watching “Escape to the Chateau” where this middle age couple from Britain and their 2 young kids went to France looking to buy and remodel a historical castle/chateau. What they found was a 5 story Chateau built with a surrounding moat that needed a lot of restoration. The Husband, IMO, is an engineering genius. The way he figured out how to get hot/cold running water, electricity, even an elevator into this almost 150 yr old Chateau is uncanny. His wife is a designer and also quite talented. The Chateau has 45 rooms and they are remodeling everything. Adding bathrooms, suites, kitchens, and utility rooms. Not only are they all living in it but they have turned it into a wedding event center. It’s amazing all they have done to the place.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:21 PM   #2792
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

It was as good as most of the MCU movies--some great parts, some okay parts. 7/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:15 PM   #2793
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Mortal Kombat: Conquest (1998-1999)

im ashamed to say as a lifelong MK fan I've never seen this series until this weekend where I binged all 22 episodes lol it had some really cool stories and awesome fight scenes, it was interesting to see the MK lore get expanded even though im sure none of this is 'canon' especially considering how it abruptly ends and what happens in the final episodes, does not line up with any of the lore in the games but it was still really fun, and I liked the new main characters Siro and Taja that fought with Kung Lao. I think they did a great job with the time the story takes place, pretty much any MK character that would have been around at that time (around 500 years before the events of the first MK1 game) makes an appearance - 8/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:38 AM   #2794
Python
Omega Red

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 6.5/10

I've had worse ways of killing an hour each week. I like Bucky and Sam so would like to see this show continue, but this season had a few frustrations as well along with a few good parts. The irony is that the character with by far the best story arc was John Walker, and the most likeability was Zemo. I really don't think the writers intended this to happen, they seemed to want you to root for the murderous terrorists which was strange. Walker especially clearly has some genuine issues which weren't properly explored. Hopefully season 2 will drop the preachy stuff, and focus on giving Bucky & Sam a really good story to get involved with, they could make an exciting team given better writing.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 04:21 PM   #2795
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Recently cut cable so watching older shows on the Roku. Found an old show I remember fondly, Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction. I watched two to three episodes a night and finished all seasons. It still amazes me some of the stories on there are based on true events. 8/10
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:12 AM   #2796
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Ted Lasso. 9.5/10 Just super enjoyable, funny, lovable and easy to watch. 1 season, 10 episodes, 30 min each.
Can't stress enough that everyone should watch this show. So enjoyable and I actually felt good after watching the series.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #2797
risingstar
Jedi Order

Falcon and The Winter Soldier - 7/10

The Strain S2 - 3/10. Could not get through the entire season. It felt like 70s level schlock.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 11:59 AM   #2798
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
The Strain S2 - 3/10. Could not get through the entire season. It felt like 70s level schlock.
That show started out pretty strong and ended abysmally.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:05 PM   #2799
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 7.5/10

Sometimes it dragged, but there were lots of great parts for me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 03:15 PM   #2800
Wizard
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Falcon and Winter Soldier - 9/10. Watched it all in one weekend. I was entertained, and rarely bored. Look forward to these two characters’ future storylines.

Boys - S2 - 7/10. Marathon-ed this one also. Read the comic book series. This season felt like too much filler to the main storyline - the Boys keeping the Seven in check. Hughie can definitely wear on you, but found myself mostly enjoying.

Invincible - S1. Just read it has been renewed for the next two seasons. One episode left in S1, and I’m really enjoying. Have not read the comic book. Hope the finale clues us in on why a particular character carried forth a certain act. 9/10.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote