Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-23-2021, 02:35 AM   #311
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Specfiction usually factors in shipping with the price they charge so its not really free shipping. Example, they want $1290 for a P1 Black Canary but her retail is $1149. The $140 for Mai was pre-covid, I can only hope the pricing is still in the same ballpark. I guess we'll know for sure in exactly 24 hours.
solidgadium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:15 AM   #312
ukshaun
Hercules

Visiting the HMO website you would never know Felicia was hours away from pre_order. You have to search the page for the piece.
If i owned HMO, i would have placed Felicia at the top of the page one week prior to pre_order for maximum exposure.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 09:47 AM   #313
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Specfiction usually factors in shipping with the price they charge so its not really free shipping. Example, they want $1290 for a P1 Black Canary but her retail is $1149. The $140 for Mai was pre-covid, I can only hope the pricing is still in the same ballpark. I guess we'll know for sure in exactly 24 hours.
It would be nice, but unlikely, seeing as large boxes now cost that much to ship within the US, never mind overseas I recently shipped a 2ft square cube box, and it was $50 just WITHIN CA. Yikes.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:04 AM   #314
solidgadium
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It would be nice, but unlikely, seeing as large boxes now cost that much to ship within the US, never mind overseas I recently shipped a 2ft square cube box, and it was $50 just WITHIN CA. Yikes.
It actually depends on that vendor's shipping power. While I spent $130 (with ebay's shipping discount) to ship a 65lb box, and it's way larger than Mai's box to New York, Sideshow shipped the P1 Lobo (in three giant boxes) for just $92, and I'm across the country. Specfiction doesn't ship out the quantity SS does so their price point will be higher but I doubt it will be too much over the $180 range. Then again we're talking about this in 2021 so all this might be pointless.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:11 AM   #315
solidgadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Visiting the HMO website you would never know Felicia was hours away from pre_order. You have search on the page for the piece.
If i owned HMO, i would have placed Felicia at the top of the page one week prior to pre_order for maximum exposure.
I agree with you 100%. They're relying on social media and places like this to spread their message across. On the other hand their ES is relatively low and will most likely sell out quickly. If they were selling 5000 of these it would be a different story.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:40 AM   #316
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
I agree with you 100%. They're relying on social media and places like this to spread their message across. On the other hand their ES is relatively low and will most likely sell out quickly. If they were selling 5000 of these it would be a different story.
Again, why limit yourself with numbers?
By all means, have a lowest amount. An XM Studios MTO would make more sense, and make them more profit. Besides, factories give priority to companies that supply more work.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:40 AM   #317
SDguy

Quote:
It actually depends on that vendor's shipping power. While I spent $130 (with ebay's shipping discount) to ship a 65lb box, and it's way larger than Mai's box to New York, Sideshow shipped the P1 Lobo (in three giant boxes) for just $92, and I'm across the country. Specfiction doesn't ship out the quantity SS does so their price point will be higher but I doubt it will be too much over the $180 range. Then again we're talking about this in 2021 so all this might be pointless.
Yes, of course discounts various vendors have with shippers play a huge role here. I think Specfiction will have a very competitive price, at least rumor has it
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #318
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptilio93 View Post
HMO has a list of certified retailers they approve of and work with!

Comic Concepts is a new option available in North America with an RSVP option on their site! No confirmed pricing yet though. Just know that Comic Concepts does NOT calculate shipping into their price, so you will not know that fee until it releases but they're typically pretty fair on shipping fees.

https://comic-concepts.com/en/produc...-statue?v=1069

So the 3 USA retailers for people (so everyone can have other options in case one sells out) are Comic Concepts, SpecFiction, and BigBadToyStore. Hope this helps people on launch day!
Thanks for that information! You rock!
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:10 PM   #319
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Still not sure who to order from. If I live in the US, which usually ends up being cheaper between Spec and BBTS? Do they both deliver around the same time or does one shop get their stuff in earlier? I've never heard of Comic Concepts so I'm weary to even consider them
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:15 PM   #320
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Still not sure who to order from. If I live in the US, which usually ends up being cheaper between Spec and BBTS? Do they both deliver around the same time or does one shop get their stuff in earlier? I've never heard of Comic Concepts so I'm weary to even consider them
In general, it seems BBTS gets their stuff last. I'd probably do a fast check of the two sites prices and then go from there. BBTS likes to mark a lot of their statues up quite a bit to compensate for their $4 shipping. Spec seems to sometimes offer up prices including shipping and at other times they list items plus shipping. Hard to say what each will end up tonight.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote