Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 11-20-2005, 09:55 PM   #11
Miikael
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
What about you? Just Nintendo?
When it comes to games I guess you could call me a Nintendo fanboy. I like to think I'm fair in my judgment when it comes to giving kudos to MS, Sega and Sony and also acknowledging the misstakes Nintendo has made, however as a small boy I got a (positive I'd liked to think) influence from a cousin on buying a Sega Master System or a NES. Basically from there on I sold my soul to my little japanese devilish friends. From SuperMarioKart and Starwing to Goldeneye and Mario64 and now Zelda:WindWaker and Pikmin. And many games like it.

I don't always agree with their stance on gaming and whatnot, but respect them for keeping true to it and for, mostly, making games I enjoy spending a few years out of my life on.

When it comes to Sony I do like their design on many hardware components, but feel Apple have stolen most of my respect in that department. I have so far only owned Philips TVs and will most likely not stray towards Sony very fast. I guess when growing sympathy for companies such as these only Nintendo and Apple (and perhaps Denon) have been really successful with me so far. Sony is just 1 big blur to me. They invent, they tell us about it and they put nasty DRM on it, sh00! =)

But then we have to remember that all they're really after is our money. Nothing more.

Not sure what I'm buying next round. The Rev seems a dead giveaway, but I want to see what people come up with it first. The Rev itself is just a tool, it's how you (or they in this case) use it that will sell it to me. Of course even if I think that they do have first dibs on my bucks. I do feel it would be interesting to own a PS3 next to it though. Rev for good, fun and new experiences and a PS3 for GT5 with a gazillion polygons, 8x AA and just nice eye-candy and proper gameplay at the same time. But I'll have to see about that nasty price of it, don't want it to get out of hand, we have other things to buy as well of course. Not much interest in the Xbox360, no love for the MS krew.
Miikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 05:21 PM   #12
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miikael
When it comes to games I guess you could call me a Nintendo fanboy. I like to think I'm fair in my judgment when it comes to giving kudos to MS, Sega and Sony and also acknowledging the misstakes Nintendo has made, however as a small boy I got a (positive I'd liked to think) influence from a cousin on buying a Sega Master System or a NES. Basically from there on I sold my soul to my little japanese devilish friends. From SuperMarioKart and Starwing to Goldeneye and Mario64 and now Zelda:WindWaker and Pikmin. And many games like it.

I don't always agree with their stance on gaming and whatnot, but respect them for keeping true to it and for, mostly, making games I enjoy spending a few years out of my life on.

Not sure what I'm buying next round. The Rev seems a dead giveaway, but I want to see what people come up with it first. The Rev itself is just a tool, it's how you (or they in this case) use it that will sell it to me. Of course even if I think that they do have first dibs on my bucks. I do feel it would be interesting to own a PS3 next to it though. Rev for good, fun and new experiences and a PS3 for GT5 with a gazillion polygons, 8x AA and just nice eye-candy and proper gameplay at the same time. But I'll have to see about that nasty price of it, don't want it to get out of hand, we have other things to buy as well of course. Not much interest in the Xbox360, no love for the MS krew.
I agree with the Nintendo statement, that's how I've been as well. And with the Rev, now that you mention it, did you ever see the video that I posted up that was used at the last game show? It was a trailer of the Rev being used (no games shown) but it showed ppl playing a variety of games that could be done, and it seemed pretty sweet. Now to actually see those games being played and how well they interact will be the key.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:01 PM   #13
VenoM
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Hey Ghost, great posts! Had no idea this was even out! Trying to get my hands on the USB Wi-Fi adapter since I don't have a wireless router Just picked up Mario Kart today and yeah it ROCKS!
VenoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2005, 07:43 PM   #14
Miikael

Quote:
And with the Rev, now that you mention it, did you ever see the video that I posted up that was used at the last game show? It was a trailer of the Rev being used (no games shown) but it showed ppl playing a variety of games that could be done, and it seemed pretty sweet. Now to actually see those games being played and how well they interact will be the key.
No I haven't, I was aware journalists got to play a variety of "demos", but haven't seen the video of it. I'll search for it here on the forum, or else come begging to you about a link =)
Old 11-22-2005, 07:19 AM   #15
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoM
Hey Ghost, great posts! Had no idea this was even out! Trying to get my hands on the USB Wi-Fi adapter since I don't have a wireless router Just picked up Mario Kart today and yeah it ROCKS!

Sweet deal! You should let me know your friend code so we could race sometime! Check out Nintendo's website, they should have the USB adapter there. Or you can opt for a regular pc wireless card for your PC which is like way cheaper and configure it to work for your pc. I just downloaded a document on how to do that so if you want I can always send it to you.

Oh yeah and Miikael, if you don't find the post I should have the video around here still saved on my PC. Believe me it's worth saving!!
Old 11-22-2005, 11:44 AM   #16
Miikael

Quote:
Oh yeah and Miikael, if you don't find the post I should have the video around here still saved on my PC. Believe me it's worth saving!!
Oh wait, my brain just entered its docking station, you mean the commercial video? I thought you had some sneak-peek material of journalists playing on it. I've seen the video which I think you're talking about and yeah I liked it a lot as well, doesn't say that much about the Rev if you ask me, but it got me hyped nonetheless.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:58 AM   #17
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Nice to see I'm not the only Nintendo fan boy loyalists out there. I can't wait for their new system. There are so many possibilities that can be done with their new controller scheme. I'm tired of playing the same games over and over again.... Looks it's the same exact gameplay with normal mapped graphics and improved partical effects. Innovation and game play always win.
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:35 AM   #18
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

I just got this game and since I have a cable modem router, I can play it using WIFI all over my house!!!
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 05:54 PM   #19
Ghost

Hey if any of you guys wanna race, PM me so we can swap friend codes and play sometime!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:01 PM   #20
Zurbaran1
Mod Guru

Well I'm not about to give up my PSP any time soon. I've just been working my way through the 3 LOTR films (extended versions) on it and there isn't any screen out there that can touch this one. Just gorgeous. Now the games, that's another story. If they would get some killer games out there, that would really give the system the boost it needs.
Zurbaran1 is offline   Reply With Quote