Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 05-10-2017, 10:55 PM   #2571
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRodri2540 View Post
Looks awesome! Cant wait to see the other two too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
Oh please LOL
from rude to "please" ...at least youre trying. But you have to work on your context a little
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:19 PM   #2572
Vendetta
The X-Men

Ugh, I know I really shouldn't get more than one (or even one, if I'm being honest with myself), but seeing the Battle Dress version makes it really hard for me to go with the Classic only as I'd planned to. It really does look fantastic.

I'd love to see a nice discount on the 3-pack so I can entertain the idea of getting all three, but I know that it isn't likely.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:23 PM   #2573
Gyro Zeppeli
Zot

I like the Alpha face sculpt so much more than the other two so it is an easy choice, even aside from the fact that I just love her Alpha costume and look in general.

I think the Alpha headsculpt is one of the best if not the best PCS has done. To be honest I'm not a fan of the way the Classic headsculpt looks.

Can't wait to see Alpha's shoes. This will be the first and last time in my life I ever care about a pair of shoes lol.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #2574
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I want all of them, but space is going to be an issue .
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:48 AM   #2575
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Well like Jerry has always said, not everyone will always be happy. I'm happy with it. Jerry's happy with it. The majority of us are happy with it.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:31 AM   #2576
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
To everyone commenting about her arm musculature:

You know how when you get a statue and the muscles and shading never seem as defined as the pictures?
Mass production is never as crisp as the prototype pics.

The lighting, paint variability, and definition loss from generational castings will smooth her up a bit.
Yes people worried for nothing ... The reasons of muscle feeling is the light, at home she will be perfect
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:02 AM   #2577
archery
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Wasn't planning on getting the battle dress version. All it took was one full image for me to reconsider. Those legs are too exquisite to be covered by material.

Would like to see a little more color on the base. A lighter grey or brown on the exposed bricks. Otherwise it's perfect.
archery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:01 AM   #2578
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakull View Post
Yes people worried for nothing ... The reasons of muscle feeling is the light, at home she will be perfect

Chun-Li has plenty of arm muscle in this shot.
Both Classic and Alpha have the same size legs

I do wish PSC would fix Alpha so that the statue matches the other two in proportions
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:12 AM   #2579
wakasashe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
I'm not saying she shouldn't have arm and upper body muscle, I'm just saying that IMO she'd look better with a tad less bulk. Something like this:

Again, while there will be nitpicks every other person is bound to have, I think her musculature is on point. This game model is not in a flexed arm stance.

PCS took their liberties with this representation of Chun. Why isn't anyone complaining, "Why doesn't the statue have grotesquely large hands and feet like in the game?" Well, because PCS rightfully went with more realistic realistic proportions.

I also looked at this Chun next to photos of 1:3 Ryu. And I applaud the great balance they achieved. Ryu is hugely muscular and very defined. Put thin arms on Chun and there's no way you'd convince me she deserves the 'strongest woman' title in that universe.
wakasashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 05:54 AM   #2580
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I do wish PSC would fix Alpha so that the statue matches the other two in proportions
There is nothing to fix:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
She was sculpted, molded, resculpted, remolded many many times , until I felt she was perfect. At first I thought we could use the same sculpture for all three, but in reality, we ended up having to do separate sculptures as Alpha didnt feel right with the big hips of Classic/Battle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakasashe View Post
PCS took their liberties with this representation of Chun. Why isn't anyone complaining, "Why doesn't the statue have grotesquely large hands and feet like in the game?" Well, because PCS rightfully went with more realistic realistic proportions.
Thankfully so. Those hands were ridiculous indeed.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote