Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 10-25-2020, 05:17 AM   #511
dao2
Cyclops

Yeah that's a terrible seam... they should have just built the necklace into the neck and have that be the seam line.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:02 AM   #512
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Yeah, like the reviewer mentioned, the statue has a really good presence.

I just wish the likeness to Emilia Clarke was a little closer.
Yeah her face is just not what it should be for this price, all I read is how great this sculptor is, but she did not do a great job with Daenerys, wonder if it looks better in person? Just hate to chance 1200 on it, although I do kinda want it just because its epic, I might just preorder it and if I see in hand pictures that still look awful I'll cancel it and lose only $120
Atlantisatdawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:04 AM   #513
Thor57
Teen Titans

That can’t be final. No way someone with a history as Prime 1 let something that awful get by.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:08 AM   #514
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
That can’t be final. No way someone with a history as Prime 1 let something that awful get by.
I hope your right
Old 10-25-2020, 10:22 AM   #515
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
By the looks of things her white outfit is connected to the neck ring. I guess they decided to have the portrait removable to allow for the neck ring to be put in place. The only other option might have been is to do what PCS did with Chun-Li 1/3, and have the neck seam located under the jawline.

Quote:
If i had this on pre_order (which i considered) i would be in a panic right now. Either way, i hope they improve the neck seam.
The body and neck color/shade appears to look slightly different.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #516
Atlantisatdawn

Will sideshow, spec fiction etc... accept returns if you are unhappy with the piece? I've never returned anything before?
Old 10-25-2020, 10:35 AM   #517
Thor57
Teen Titans

The dress is hooked in the middle of the necklace. There are three very obvious solutions that would have started at prototype development.

1. Have the necklace sculpted into the body and her head just connects there. Just like any other superhero piece where the neck seam is hidden because the bottom of the seam is the start of the costume.

2. Reverse the above. Have the necklace sculpted to the neck where when connected it has a slight overlap over the body to rest in place. A small clasp or hook on the center piece of the necklace to rest the top piece of her robe on. Hell, Prime 1 themselves have done this! The Magic the Gathering Ajani has a necklace sculpted onto the neck, the charms of the necklace hook on the body.

3. Fully sculpt the head onto the body. I’m not sure why this isnt done with more pieces where full flesh is shown from upper chest to neck to head. The PCS 1/4 He-Man executes this flawlessly.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:42 AM   #518
ukshaun
Hercules

I wonder how this seamless one was made?

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:49 AM   #519
Exorcist
Hydra

Question

Quote:
The dress is hooked in the middle of the necklace. There are three very obvious solutions that would have started at prototype development.

1. Have the necklace sculpted into the body and her head just connects there. Just like any other superhero piece where the neck seam is hidden because the bottom of the seam is the start of the costume.

2. Reverse the above. Have the necklace sculpted to the neck where when connected it has a slight overlap over the body to rest in place. A small clasp or hook on the center piece of the necklace to rest the top piece of her robe on. Hell, Prime 1 themselves have done this! The Magic the Gathering Ajani has a necklace sculpted onto the neck, the charms of the necklace hook on the body.

3. Fully sculpt the head onto the body. I’m not sure why this isnt done with more pieces where full flesh is shown from upper chest to neck to head. The PCS 1/4 He-Man executes this flawlessly.
I would like to add another possibility why they have chosen for this method. I think Prime1Studio build the body In-House, and Blitzway has build the headsculpt In-House. After that it was just press-and-click.... And thats why they both have different skin colours?
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #520
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Yikes.......
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote