Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 09-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #1031
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
How is three seasons @ 28$ a piece, on Blu-Ray, too much?? 36 hours of quality TV in HD?? That's a steal if you ask me, HBO shows are generally expensive, and more so on Blu-Ray.
When you look at it like that it isn't that bad but for me its still more than I'm willing to pay for a series that, while burning brightly, faded out with a less than satisfying conclusion. Which sadly is a trend with a lot of HBO's original series. I think the most I'd pay for it would be around $50.

Did you buy this Tony?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:39 AM   #1032
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Don't care about the price; grabbin' X:FC tomorrow from Best Buy.

Maybe it'll come with a White Queen corset that I can wear around the house, while I dust the furniture and pour drinks for my man.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:42 AM   #1033
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I really want X-Men FC too but won't bite until it drops below $20. Shouldn't have to wait more than a month IMO.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:03 AM   #1034
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I really want X-Men FC too but won't bite until it drops below $20. Shouldn't have to wait more than a month IMO.
You mean via Amazon? I have to drive 30 minutes each way to get anywhere that sells movies, so I weigh that vs. shipping costs on Amazon all the time, especially with today's gas prices.

I live in coastal suburbs.

You think it'll dip below $20 in a month? Wow... Amazon's always the cheapest way to go, but.. that's... cheap.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:22 AM   #1035
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post
You mean via Amazon? I have to drive 30 minutes each way to get anywhere that sells movies, so I weigh that vs. shipping costs on Amazon all the time, especially with today's gas prices.

You think it'll dip below $20 in a month? Wow... Amazon's always the cheapest way to go, but.. that's... cheap.
Yeah I think it will be below $20 @ Amazon soon. I'm pretty good at sticking to my under $20 rule on new releases and under $15 on catalog titles. Some titles you have to wait longer than others but most drop within a month from release. The majority of my BD purchases are through Amazon too but I'm a Prime member so shipping costs aren't a factor for me.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 AM   #1036
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey Dana, this one is for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.com
Pre-order Thor and Save
For a limited time only, save $10 when you purchase Thor and Iron Man or Iron Man 2 on Blu-ray. Simply use the code IRONMAN9 at checkout. Offer ends October 8, 2011. Applies only to products sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to products sold by third-party merchants and other sellers through the Amazon.com site.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...nandscathed-20
Old 09-09-2011, 10:05 AM   #1037
Dana P.
TRICKSTER
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
What timing! I just got the Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 Blu discs last night. $32.00 for the pair with $10.00 movie cash. I figured that was a pretty good deal.

Thanks for the alert, though!

Now to see what the best deal for THOR is. Sunday's circulars will reveal if it's Target, Best Buy, or Walmart.
"I thought, 'What is this half horse-looking character?' By the end I said 'I get this and I like it.' My first instinct was that I was a bit unsure. He's the only one who can pick up the hammer. He's a worthy from another planet. But he looks like a horse."
Dana P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #1038
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:

Did you buy this Tony?
No, I actually have this on DVD. I thought this was an excellent series, that didn't get resolved to my satisfaction due to the abrupt cancellation, but it's not a series I'm going to be revisiting very often. So, I haven't upgraded and won't until the Blu goes even cheaper. I do think that this price is a great price if you don't already own the series, but as we all know, we can always wait for it to get even better.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:50 AM   #1039
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argonus View Post

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan Why would you drive an hour round trip to buy a movie at full price?? Amazon not only has it cheaper in most cases, they offer free shipping if you spend $25, I think. I could see if there was a mom and pop shop that you wanted to support, but Best Buy?? Save yourself the time, and money buddy.

And yes, the majority of movies will be at $19.95 within the month.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #1040
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't drive into town JUST to buy a movie.

We don't have Mom & Pop stores here much, anymore.. it's "vacation-town", California... they're all being bought out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Ryan, Ryan, Ryan Why would you drive an hour round trip to buy a movie at full price?? Amazon not only has it cheaper in most cases, they offer free shipping if you spend $25, I think. I could see if there was a mom and pop shop that you wanted to support, but Best Buy?? Save yourself the time, and money buddy.

And yes, the majority of movies will be at $19.95 within the month.