Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #311
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
570 is combined ex and reg. Its not a ton but they are a smaller company and second to market.
The article I read said 570 Ex (both bloody and non-bloody), but maybe it’s wrong then.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:08 AM   #312
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yep it's 570 for the Exclusives clean/bloody. It did very well for F4F espeicially for a higher priced piece which the F4F fanbase aren't used to.

A lot of talk here about F4F vs Prime 1, both are fantastic pieces and i trust F4F will do everything they can to make this production piece be as close to what they have shown ( better actually fromt he improvements they are making) and i think either choice is a good choice when it comes to Berserk.

Like other have said we'eve gone from super expensive, small not great looking Art of War statues to a range of 1/4 statues in the last couple of years and there's enough choice for everyone now and whatever happens, no company is losing.....collectors are winning with more choice than ever.

570 is more than enough for F4F to continue making more in the series and the orders will be left open now until Guts goes in production anyway so they'll probably get more orders for the EX before they finish.

Also because of Prime 1s designs F4F are changing their designs. I have no doubt Prime 1 will do Skull Knight on his horse which will be a massive, expensive piece perfect for those who have the space and the money. F4F aren't doing theirs on horseback so then people will have a more display friendly, cheaper choice. I'm sure both will be amazing and high quality as we expect from both companies but both will be different.

It doesn't hurt to mix and match folks, i'll be doing it with Tekken from P1 and F4F.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #313
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

pretty sure 570 is the number for all 4 versions combined. at least that is what it says in the newsletter
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 12:19 PM   #314
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

no I was wrong- just read the recap again 570 ex bloody and non bloody. They said it met expectations but could do better? I’m back to my numbers conundrum... they are shooting to sell 25% more EX pieces than P1, just how many units do they need to sell??? What is with the crazy high numbers when other companies are profiting with half the sales

I want my Champeroo
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:26 PM   #315
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I think they were expecting more Samus/Zelda line in terms of sales but that was never going to happen.

It's an expensive piece and even with how popular Berserk is it's still a pretty niche anime/manga were not talking DBZ/One Piece/Shonen popularity here.

I think if they had beaten Prime 1 to the punch then it would be a different story.

I think 570 on the EX in 2 weeks is very very good for F4F, an expensive piece and for their 3rd anime piece....i don't think they NEED to sell a specific amount i think it's more like they would LIKE to sell a specific amount. Selling a 1000 EX on this would just be the extra gravy on top of the delicious meal.

A lot of TT's and polls now Alex is shooting for 750 for it to get made so if something like Guts which has been teased for a while can only do 570 on actual sales then obviously that puts ALOT of other lines in danger, like OPM , Champloo and Bebop.

Hopefully with leaving orders open now that'll change but we'll see.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #316
BurningRage
Inhumans

F4F Berserk line is action pose while Prime 1 is museum so it’s good to have options. Bebop statues will cost less and no one else has the 1/4 scale rights so far so they should do better. I wonder if they’ll put Alphonse up before Prime 1.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:36 AM   #317
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I and I View Post
It's not just advertising but I wager that the license itself isn't cheap either. Also, yes it sucks that there are currently multiple Guts on preorder/order but since these statues take years to go from initial design to approved prototype, it's hard to see what other companies are up to.
If we did anime, and were into Berserk, I'd buy the F4F one. I just don't like the busy bases Prime pumps out (and not to mention the price tag )
I'm into anime and a big fan of Berserk so it's great we went from those mostly ----ty overpriced AoW statues to having options but I still haven't found MY Berserk piece. P1 is too pricey and requires too much space for me. I like F4F's but again I think it's too big for me.

So i'm hoping Tusme's diorama or the P1 1:6 line will please me so I can get one of these but I'm taking risks in waiting.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:51 AM   #318
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
I'm into anime and a big fan of Berserk so it's great we went from those mostly ----ty overpriced AoW statues to having options but I still haven't found MY Berserk piece. P1 is too pricey and requires too much space for me. I like F4F's but again I think it's too big for me.

So i'm hoping Tusme's diorama or the P1 1:6 line will please me so I can get one of these but I'm taking risks in waiting.
I don't think waiting will be a huge risk: if the smaller-scale lines don't meet what you're looking for, you'll probably still be able to grab some stuff from the existing lines in the secondary market without huge markups (I don't think most/any P1 stuff has really appreciated in the aftermarket).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:29 AM   #319
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakul View Post
oniri creations also teased their guts recently. dont know what scale it is gonna be though
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 06:15 AM   #320
roygbiv
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemerz View Post
oniri creations also teased their guts recently. dont know what scale it is gonna be though
Also 1:6.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=163518
roygbiv is offline   Reply With Quote