Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-22-2019, 12:29 PM   #1221
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I'd buy a 1/4 scale Storm in almost every costume, though I cannot say I'd buy another in the Jim Lee suit.

Give me original, 80s mohawk, new mohawk, Ashgardian, Savage Land, or the one Peedi posted.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:02 PM   #1222
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I want a modern Mohawk. I loved the pant suit with the giant white X across the front. It was her Wolverine & The X-Men/Uncanny X-Force suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The black with white X is probably my second favorite look for Storm after her original costume.
Jesus Christ I hate that costume. That’s the only Storm look I wouldn’t buy. I don’t like the design (weird “X”, butt cape) but also what it signaled for her character...breaking her up with Black Panther to throw her temporarily at Wolverine (and I like Wolverine a lot, I think him and Storm together is just lazy and weird, proven by the fact it never caught on well), her moving from an Avenger stint and X-Men leader to a solid background player who doesn’t do much (and she never recovered from that...stupid AvX and it’s aftermath)...yeah she’s actually lead squads a few times since then (like UXF, AXM) but hasn’t done anything of real significance. She’s had several costumes since but she’s still a background player, that look just marks her downfall for me.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 07:13 PM   #1223
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh I think she was great with Logan. It made sense. They have been close for years, cared about each other, were flirty on multiple occasions. Their relationship evolved over time and was full of respect. I hated that they paired her with TChalla because it was so forced. They never mention each other at all in their respective books and them whammo - huge wedding that didn’t last. And ended because TChalla was a tool bag that showed her no respect. That storyline didn’t do Storm any favors in the comic world by pulling her out of the XBooks and trying to shoehorn her into Avengers/FF/Black Panther. THAT was the downfall of Storm IMO - forcing her to be regulated to just the Queen of Wakanda when she should have been so much more and was always better used in XMen comics.

My fear is that now that’s all people in the comic movie verse want her to be. The female of the black power couple as opposed to her just being a badass mutant on her own right.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:05 AM   #1224
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Got my shipping notice. Should be here on Friday!!!
Old 01-23-2019, 04:46 PM   #1225
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Nice! Tracking shows mine should be here tomorrow, but I am a little skeptical at that. International tracking date/timing hasn't been the greatest in my experience.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 05:54 PM   #1226
SDguy

Quote:
I want a modern Mohawk. I loved the pant suit with the giant white X across the front. It was her Wolverine & The X-Men/Uncanny X-Force suit.

I hate her new suit in Red. It's too much. It looks like armor and not graceful in the least. The shoulder cape kills me.
I think you are really going to like the XM suit. The grey panels give a vaguely similar vibe, along with the similar back cutout
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_152038-1.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	120343   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_182041-1.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	219.1 KB
ID:	120344  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 11:51 PM   #1227
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Since I just ordered my tank, I figured I would let other ‘Roro fans know that Tee Villain has a shirt with a fun little Storm design on it. Her eyes aren’t the correct color, but I loved the fun look of the art - and there is such little love for my girl - that I couldn’t resist.

Here’s the link if you’d like to get one too. Beware, they run a size smaller than you wear.

https://www.teevillain.com/
Old 01-24-2019, 01:54 AM   #1228
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Oh I think she was great with Logan. It made sense. They have been close for years, cared about each other, were flirty on multiple occasions. Their relationship evolved over time and was full of respect. I hated that they paired her with TChalla because it was so forced. They never mention each other at all in their respective books and them whammo - huge wedding that didn’t last. And ended because TChalla was a tool bag that showed her no respect. That storyline didn’t do Storm any favors in the comic world by pulling her out of the XBooks and trying to shoehorn her into Avengers/FF/Black Panther. THAT was the downfall of Storm IMO - forcing her to be regulated to just the Queen of Wakanda when she should have been so much more and was always better used in XMen comics.

My fear is that now that’s all people in the comic movie verse want her to be. The female of the black power couple as opposed to her just being a badass mutant on her own right.
Difference of opions, I’m ok with that, but BP and Storm’s backstory of being travelers together was written by Claremont in 1980.

Claremont also ended it. But how many times have Rogue and Magneto/Gambit ended and restarted?

It was brought up again in the 90s. X-Men #60.

It’s no more forced than her and Wolverine. But I liked that she was still important to the X-Men, had a stint in FF, was an Avenger, and costared in BP’s comic. I felt she was more important than ever and really Marvel’s leading woman. She’s back with BP in his last volume anyway.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:56 AM   #1229
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Difference of opions, I’m ok with that, but BP and Storm’s backstory of being travelers together was written by Claremont in 1980.

Claremont also ended it. But how many times have Rogue and Magneto/Gambit ended and restarted?

It was brought up again in the 90s. X-Men #60.

It’s no more forced than her and Wolverine. But I liked that she was still important to the X-Men, had a stint in FF, was an Avenger, and costared in BP’s comic. I felt she was more important than ever and really Marvel’s leading woman. She’s back with BP in his last volume anyway.
All very true. God, I love that Byrne art. I'd give anything to have him back on an X-book. Today's X-books are trash when compared to Chris and John's run on the book.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:12 AM   #1230
Demona
Martian Manhunter

That's a great find on the panel pages. I've read that story, but am amazed they have such clear pics of the pages!

Yes, Rogue and Gambit have broken up and gotten back together. And that's because they are always in each other's orbit and can grow. Just like Ororo and Logan. You rarely saw TChalla and Ororo together. It was commonly in flashbacks or one-shots. Therefore, I felt it was forced to just assume they would meet/fall in love/marry. A romantic passionate fling -- sure -- but not a marriage that would last (obviously).

And don't get me started on the current BP run. It's looking like they are trying to retcon Ororo even being a mutant. It's another slap in the face to longtime X-Men fans by rewriting history to suit the Disney merger and the fact they still don't have their hands on the X-Men movie franchise. They want Storm to be non mutant so she can be used in the film universe as a partner for Black Panther. Total corporate bullsh!t. It's the same crap they pulled with Scarlet Witch and I can't stomach the thought.